Catzwolf
Re: WF - Projects site is down until further notice...
  • 2005/6/12 0:16

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hi All,

First of all, WF-Projects has not closed and we are sorry for the technical hitch in transmission and we hope to have things over there moving again shortly.

We would like to ask the XOOPS Community if someone can donate to us some server space with c/panel, so we may continue the work we have started and if you can please contact myself or Bender ASAP please.

We are currently looking for developers to take over the development of the following modules:

WF-Downloads
WF-Links
WF-Channel
WF-FAQ

If you are interested in taking on one of these the please contact us again, ASAP.

ATB

John

davidl2
  • 2005/6/12 0:18

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

aharon
  • 2005/6/12 0:21

• aharon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/17

I can provide the server and cpanel etc..
Please let me know how much space do you need, any other server features?

Aharon

Predator
  • 2005/6/12 0:40

• Predator

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/20

Quote:

John_N wrote:
Hi All,

First of all, WF-Projects has not closed and we are sorry for the technical hitch in transmission and we hope to have things over there moving again shortly.
John

Sorry for interrupt again, but can`t see this rubbish uncommend.

"We" are sorry ( who is we, guess you are the only left ), your coming back posting after several leavings at wf-project.com was really nice:

Quote:

Good Evening Everyone,

I am going to keep this short and to the point and please forgive me if I am blunt, but I am in no mood to be a people pleaser.

I am taking over the role of lead developer of the WF-Project modules and I will be doing things my way, you can either like it or leave, simple as that. I have sat back for to long and watched projects I started not getting the proper treatment they deserved and the users 'let down time after time'. Never again.

So if any of you are working on these modules, please stop, as you will be wasting your time.

The sad fact is that there are many members here and little work getting done and I aim to change that. So if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. If you wish to stay with the WF-Project team, then I need for you to put the work in and help get these modules to the standard they should be. So, if you want the tag of being a WF-Projects member, then please get involved with the process and get things moving the way that they should be.

So, I could say that I am giving you the choice now to stay or move on.

Sorry to be so blunt regarding this matter but I think this is long over due now.

If you wish to continue please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

This will keep the members motivated up there?

You have slow down the developing on wf-projects.com as Catz wolf, also as Liquid, why? Come and go come and go etc... everytime with a half ready module, so others have first to look in the code before further developings.

As Catz as Liquid as what ever you have always disappointed the community and everytime you come back you want to be the hero to rescue XOOPS ( your Bugfix for gzip was a mambo function and won´t work on XOOPS really ), i get sick about it and can´t understand why Herko roll the red carpet again for you after your leaving as Module Teamleader than again your returning and again Teamleader.

You have pissed on nearly everybodys legg and maybe XOOPS deserves you otherwise i can`t understand why they havn`t kick you in the ass in the Thread "sorry to xoops".

It seems Herko also change his minds often after your last leaving he was not happy. ( is a harmless word for his comment )

As Bender say G.T.H and H.A.N.F.L

Marko aka Predator

P.S. This is now really the last posting, maybe i delete may account again and regg new under my real name

alitan
  • 2005/6/12 1:39

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

I'm really disappointed of trouble makers here!
Come on, why in every single thread of this forum a problem should exist?
Based on my idea, John's actions are both good and bad.
In other words, for ages, Wf-projects team aren't much active now and it is really neccessary to take some actions. However, the actions shouldn't be really harsh and in form of dictatorship!
Anyway, I'm ready to help you guys in making the image-sets for Wf-modules . Of course its not a big role in the projects, but if you think, Images are critical when someone wants to choose a module because of the design and beauty of the module!

Alitan{{<<>>}}

Bender
  • 2005/6/12 3:09

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

alitan wrote:
I'm really disappointed of trouble makers here!

If you are refering to predators posting please refrain from that. Because there is a little bit more to this story than just this what happened on wf-projects. And i can tell you he really is one of the persons quite in the position to make this kind of statement. Please trust me on that one.

Also there is always the handfull of people being thankfull for things done and the other more people just complaining.
Being a developer is seldom a really thankfull job.
(don´t get me wrong this last sentence is quite general and not aimed at anyone specific!)

Quote:

Come on, why in every single thread of this forum a problem should exist?

Because there were and are problems. Though not in every thread but there are more issues this whole XOOPS world has to work out.

Over the last weeks several ones of them have been adressed and we will have to see the results coming out of this.

But XOOPS needs people who are not afraid of adressing things in the public just because they might be stepping on anyones toes. It might bring some trouble but if it gets things done or changed i´d say it´s worth it.

But its important that some things are spoken out to fix them. Well i will cut it off here as i really don´t want to turn this thread into that direction.
(do i sound like a polititian?)

alitan
  • 2005/6/12 3:31

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

@ Bender:
I was not reffering to Predator, It was just a general comment on the situation here!
As for the problem, just take a look in the forum. There is always some kind of fight. Even in the WOX newsletter page( News) we can see the fight between local sites.
Don't you think by putting these information on public, we can easily break Xoops.org apart? These information here, are nothing related to public and no one gets any benefit by bringing up these conflicts here!
Anyway, I think lets not talk about this also!

Suggestion to Xoops.org Webmaster----> Please put someone in charge of deleting any message that brings conflict. Perhaps electing moderators can help! I'm not saying strict modification, but modification at low level doesn't hurt much!

Bender
  • 2005/6/12 3:46

• Bender

• Home away from home

Your example is a bit different as it is completely missplaced there(news comments) and in most other threads (the brazilian thing i mean) and its mostly pointless as those fronts are so hardened that i dont see a chance for peace there anymore in the near future. And i guess by now most people know that.

I refered more to those threads where problems surfaced and people start to fix things. E.g. some postings from phppp and some others ...

Censoring however is not the solution (imho!). It will create more fuss. Maybe given warnings and having actions actually follow might help.

(ok ... promise: my last comment about this slightly off-topic thing in this thread)

Bender
  • 2005/6/12 3:48

• Bender

• Home away from home

Back on topic:

I slightly modified the site closed text and we will see what the new day will bring.

(gotta go to get some sleep now)

rajaito
  • 2005/6/13 17:20

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/3 1

Quote:

Bender wrote:
Back on topic:

I slightly modified the site closed text and we will see what the new day will bring.

(gotta go to get some sleep now)

I noticed that. Thank you. Now, if you all can work out your differences, I am sure the rest of the XOOPS world look forward to seeing what new projects you guys come up with.

I for on would love to see you all come up with a really kick ass gallery system, because I get so many complaints from my users about xcgal. But that is a whole other issue.

Be well.

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits