wizanda
How to change the number of magic news in freecontents?
  • 2005/6/10 18:32

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Does anybody know a way to limit the number of news headings, that are shown in magic news block for freecontents

When you use the block, magic news at present, it shows 20 odd news headings and i wish to half this

Where abouts can i edit it i had a look through, yet can't find it easily labeled

Any ideas?

skyrider
Re: How to change the number of magic news in freecontents?
  • 2005/6/11 8:40

• skyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Quote:

wizanda wrote:
Does anybody know a way to limit the number of news headings, that are shown in magic news block for freecontents

When you use the block, magic news at present, it shows 20 odd news headings and i wish to half this

Where abouts can i edit it i had a look through, yet can't find it easily labeled

Any ideas?

As far as I can tell there is no command in FreeContent directing it to return a specific number of headlines

Once you've set an 'offset' number, it simply returns whatever else is on the page regardless of how many headlines there may be.

Some news sites return few headlines, some many.

wizanda
Re: How to change the number of magic news in freecontents?
  • 2006/1/21 10:59

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

I have a solution to this which is in the config.php change the number of items that are collected in the first place.

This sort of limits the ammount of news people see, yet it does sort the problem of having 15 news links on your front page.

Login

Who's Online

415 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 415

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits