hervet
Who still have problems with News 1.3.1 RC2 ?
  • 2005/6/8 20:29

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

Who still have problems with News 1.3.1 RC2 ?
I'm not searching for new features (I have a wide list for this) but for bugs.

Bye,
Hervé

DaveHaviland
Re: Who still have problems with News 1.3.1 RC2 ?

I have a weird one for you:

I was running XOOPS version 2.0.93, *I then upgraded to 2.0.10 - finally, I upgraded the news module - to 1.3.

that went fine for a while, until I applied the autologin hack.

So I though I was having version issues, look in my admin control panel and saw that it was still registering as version 2.0.93. I removed the autologin hack, and went back and re-did the upgrade to 2.0.1 - I had done all the procedures correct the first time, I just must not have noticed the old version in the control panel.

When I did this I noticed that the submit.php file is 3 times smaller than the news 1.3 version. - a big question mark there?

I applied the autologin hack again, and all was well. Until I tried to edit a News story from the front-page; the submit.php?op=edit&storyid=xxx link takes me to what looks more like a submit new page. The forms are all empty, even though the link says I'm editing that story number.

Everything else works fine, and if I edit the story in the admin control panel it works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really think it has something to do with that upgrade 2.0.93-to-2.0.1 "submit.php" file being so much smaller than your news 1.3 version, but I haven't yet compared the two.
I did try to put your submit.php version back in the /modules/news/ directory, but the php dies at "Edit News Story" or something.

DaveHaviland

nevermind I fixed it - flushed my templates_c folder, then upped it to news version 1.3.1.

but definately a word to the wise - the submit.php file is a lot different from news 1.3x to the XOOPS 2.0.93-2.0.10 patch files.

hervet
  • 2005/6/9 5:36

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

Ok, anyone else ?

hervet
  • 2005/6/9 11:33

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

ohhh ... the module is so perfect, without any bug ?

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits