Yodaya
Call time pass by reference installation error
  • 2005/6/2 10:36

• Yodaya

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/1 2

Hi guys,

I just tried to install XOOPS 2.1.1 and I get the following error:

WarningCall-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by referencemodify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-referenceyou can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI fileHoweverfuture versions may not support this any longerin /is/htdocs/wp1015029_GTECX7CNSM/www/kernel/object.php on line 723

Warning
Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by referencemodify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-referenceyou can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI fileHoweverfuture versions may not support this any longerin /is/htdocs/wp1015029_GTECX7CNSM/www/kernel/configoption.php on line 82

Warning
Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by referencemodify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-referenceyou can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI fileHoweverfuture versions may not support this any longerin /is/htdocs/wp1015029_GTECX7CNSM/www/kernel/configitem.php on line 188

I tried to solve the problem by uploading a .htaccess file to my root directory with the following code:

php_flag allow_call_time_pass_reference On

But the problem remains....

By the way php version is 5.0.3

and I do not have shell access or whatever to the server because I have only rented some webspace so changing anything in php ini will not be possible....

Does anyone know what I could do to solve this problem?

Kind regards

Yodaya

Herko
Re: Call time pass by reference installation error
  • 2005/6/2 10:39

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Please don't cross-post your questions

These warnings are known issues with PHP5, and they will be dealt with in due time (meaning they wil not be there when XOOPS 2.2 final is released). In the meantime development efforts focus on the new features before fixing every warning and notice

Anyways, my point here is that this is a known issue, and will be taken care of in due time

Herko

Yodaya
  • 2005/6/2 11:04

• Yodaya

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/1 2

Hi,

sorry about the cross post!
When I noticed that I posted in the wron forum and wanted to delete the post it was already gone.

Back to topic...

So there is no solution to the problem until the new version is coming out?

When is the new version scheduled to be released?

I assume that in the older version I will have the same error?

Kind regards

Yodaya

Herko
  • 2005/6/2 11:15

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I hope you understand that XOOPS 2.1.x is all alpha development releases (see the XOOPS 2.2 development roadmap for more details). If you want to use the latest stable version, please use XOOPS 2.0.10.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

403 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 403

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits