nickpope
Server Migration Woes
  • 2005/5/30 19:33

• nickpope

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/15

Hi All,

I had a working installation of XOOPS on a home server, I recently rebuilt the server. Following the instructions here

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=150

I saved the MySQL database and the contents of the XOOPS folder.

On the rebuilt server I loaded up the contents of the XOOPS folder, and imported the database.

I can get the first page up, but after I login nothing happens - it stays at the redirect page. I've tried manually typing in complete errors but nothing happens - no timeout no errors the page just stays the same.

Anyone have an idea where I have messed up?

Thanks

m0nty
Re: Server Migration Woes
  • 2005/5/30 19:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

make sure you empty the cache & templates_c folders as they could still be containing cache/compiled templates that reference your old server.

nickpope
  • 2005/5/30 23:18

• nickpope

• Just popping in

Thanks,

I've done that and cleared the cookies for the site from my browser.

Now after I login I get redirected to userinfo.php, but after that I can't move around the site.

I'm really stumped.

jdseymour

Check your cache, template_c and uploads folders, make sure they are chmod 777. Were you able to do a one piece querry to install the database? Try this in phpmyadmin select your database, at the bottom click on select all to put check marks by all tables, from the drop down menu at the bottom choose repair.

One other thing, is there any difference you can think of in this installation that may be different from the old? In other words something that may be in the database, that you may have forgotten to include in the installation.

nickpope
  • 2005/5/30 23:32

• nickpope

• Just popping in

Update.

I can move freely around the admin area in both Firefox and IE.

When attempting to move around the main site in Firefox the links appear not to work, in IE I get a 'the page cannot be dispayed' error.

jdseymour

See my article On XOOPS Site Migration, it is pretty complete when I changed servers. See if anything there rings a bell for the problem.

nickpope
  • 2005/5/30 23:49

• nickpope

• Just popping in

Thanks for the tips jd

I repaired all the tables in the database and they came up okay.

I've read your article but as far as I can tell I've done everything by the book.

The only other thing i can think of is I goofed up when setting the server up, so I think I'll create a fresh XOOPS install on a virtual host and see if that works okay.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits