monde
no Mail delivery method options in 2.10
  • 2005/5/25 15:26

• monde

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/15

I recently upgraded my XOOPS 2.0.9.2 installation to 2.0.10 using the appropriate upgrade and noticed that in my Site Preferences | Mail Setup screen the Mail Delivery Method field shows no options in the drop down.

I know this was working when I had 2.0.9.2 installed.

I would like to use SMTPAuth like I did in my previous installation.

Other fields seem to be fine.

- Sid
http://www.scalr.com

DonXoop
Re: no Mail delivery method options in 2.10

I had to do a double take, there is another company in Toronto named Scalar and thought perhaps they had taken my advice to use xoops... Similar companies and names. (need any help/employees?)

Anyway, are you using a custom template? You'll want to delete and update the templates in the System module. You can look at the upgrade files to see which templates have been changed or just do them all. Of course you'll want to make a backup so any custom edits are put back in.

monde
  • 2005/5/25 16:21

• monde

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:
Anyway, are you using a custom template? You'll want to delete and update the templates in the System module. You can look at the upgrade files to see which templates have been changed or just do them all. Of course you'll want to make a backup so any custom edits are put back in.

I do use a custom template and I've deleted and regenerated all of the system templates, but the same problem remains :(

monde
  • 2005/5/25 16:36

• monde

• Friend of XOOPS

Now that I've checked, I've noticed that ALL of the drop down lists are empty in all of the modules including the system module.

Is this some sort of database corruption?

DonXoop

Maybe a dumb question but did you Update the System module (not just the templates)? If you didn't you'll need to do that and then regenerate the templates again.

You'll want to make sure that All the upgrade files actually over wrote the old files. Notifications are one thing that won't work until the upgrade and templates are updated so it would make sense that email wouldn't work right either.

monde
  • 2005/5/27 1:21

• monde

• Friend of XOOPS

I followed the instructions and reinstalled the system module as well as all of my other modules.

Several, but not all of the drop down menus in my system module are actually empty, not just blanked out. They have no options in them and the fields are the minimum length.

Maybe I should reinstall and try to salvage what I've have.

I've attached pictures.

Resized Image
Click For Larger Picture

monde
  • 2005/5/27 4:39

• monde

• Friend of XOOPS

I went into the database using PHPMyAdmin and set the value for _MD_AM_MAILERMETHOD in the xoops_config table to smtpauth.

XOOPS mail seems to be working properly now, but I still have blank drop down lists in the System module!

- Sid

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits