unScarred
Help - Notification problems on Win2K
  • 2004/8/19 15:50

• unScarred

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/30

I have searched the forum and applied the fix to mainfile.php for setting SCRIPT_NAME to PHP_SELF, and that fix caused the Notifications block to show up.

I appear to be able to set the options (for example, on my News page set 'Notify me when any new story is submitted' and 'Notify me when any new story is posted'), and I have changed my notification method to 'email' and tested the email functionality through Admin->Mail Users to be sure it works. When I post a new story, however, I receive no email either when it is submitted or when it is posted. The same thing is true for other modules (like weBLog).

What is the next step for me to debug this? I don't have the option of moving to a Linux server, so I have to fix this if I'm going to keep using XOOPS. If anyone can walk me through debug I'll be glad to do the work...

Thanks!

ukdave
Re: Help - Notification problems on Win2K
  • 2004/8/20 20:49

• ukdave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/27

Had the same problem, to fix it I switched mail settings from SMTP to php mail().

Mail delivery method: PHP Mail()
Path to send mail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP host(s): mail.myhost.net
SMTP Auth username: webmaster@mysite.com
SMTP Auth Password: webmasterpassword

rlankford
Re: Help - Notification problems on Win2K
  • 2005/5/24 21:11

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

I know this is an old message, but posting here might help someone in the future searching the forums for help on this issue (like I just was ).

Anyway, the obvious solution to your problem is to have someone else subscribe to the notification event you are testing. Xoops, apparently, is smart enough not to notify you of changes that you make. So even though you might want to be notified of any new News article posting, if you make the posting, you won't get the notification.

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits