EMSguy
Unable to access admin/save problem
  • 2005/5/22 23:27

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

I just did a new install of both the upadted version and an older 2.0 version and I get the same problems.

Admin.php

The admin.php file is not working at all. It keeps telling me that this is the first time I have been logged on. I click submit and nothing happens, it remains at that screen

Admin menu

So I went to .../modules/system/admin/admin after I had loaded the menu since it did not generate.

Database not saving

also no changes save to the DB even though it says database updated successfully.

I Chmod'd files cache, templates and uploads and all contents to 777, 755, etc. Original install chmod was 777. All permissions were as the doc's say.

Lunarpages

I am using Lunarpages temporary URL until I can get evil Globat to swtitch my DNS. Could this be the result of using a temp URL? Also I ahve never used .htaccess files and the server has one loaded on the site. It is "empty", could this be causing the problem?

Any ideas would help, I love XOOPS and have never had a problem with it until now.

Thanks

Kevin

EMSguy
Re: Unable to access admin/save problem
  • 2005/5/22 23:29

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

Well, I have discovered that I had a problem posting on this site as well and all these problems are due to Norton Internet security.

Wow

I did not realise that a simple firewall on my computer would effect my entire sitea and my ability to post in these forums.

Kevin

EMSguy
  • 2005/5/22 23:30

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

lol,

In fact I have not been able to post to these forums for over a year! and I just now figured it out. maybe you should put a sticky on the front or something to let people know.

Just my 2 cents, now that I am able to add them.

Kevin

EMSguy
  • 2005/5/22 23:32

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

Come to think of it

Add to the install doc's

This little problem should be added to the install doc's, I mean how many people left XOOPS due to their inability to post[/b, [b]admin their site, or get help, they must have felt it was buggy or something.

I measn I am no PHP, www expert but I am very knowledeable and it stumped me for a year.

Kevin

kgmetcalfe
  • 2005/5/23 3:21

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

i and a few others already went through this - sorry - i just came on right now and saw this - otherwise i could have saved you a whole sh_t load of trouble... and i already asked for this problem to be documented... but as usual no one listens to me... oh well...

for proof - just search for my posts...
-----------------------------------------
never mind - here it is here
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=34839&forum=1&post_id=151283#forumpost151283

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits