elinde
Modules names vs. block names on search results page
  • 2005/5/19 14:45

• elinde

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/2

It seems like this must have been covered in the forums at some point, but I've searched and can't find any reference to it. On the search results page, it's confusing for users to see the module names instead of block names. For example, my users see "WordPress" [module name] instead of "Business Development" [block name].

The XOOPS site itself has the block names showing in search results--can somebody explain how it's done, or point me in the right direction? I did find a discussion in the FAQ about cleaning up the results page, and from that I was able to eliminate "no hits" results, but no explanation about the names.

Thanks in advance for help.

Mithrandir
Re: Modules names vs. block names on search results page

block name? what block?

elinde
  • 2005/5/19 17:58

• elinde

• Just popping in

Hmm, I'm not sure how to explain it better...keep in mind, I'm no web developer (or I wouldn't need to ask these questions!)...

For example, XOOPS apparently uses the newbb module for the Support forums. The menu item says "Support Forums", and if one searches on the word 'announcements', one gets 5 hits on the Search Results page under "Support Forums", not "newbb".

On my site, on the Search Results page I get the module names ("Wordpress", "Articles", "newbb") instead of the the names my users see in the menus & blocks ("Business Development", "Human Resources", "Discussions").

What I'm looking for is why, on the XOOPS site, the Search Results hits in Support Forums don't say newbb instead of Support Forums.

Mithrandir

Quote:
why, on the XOOPS site, the Search Results hits in Support Forums don't say newbb instead of Support Forums.

Ahh - because we have renamed the module(s) in system admin -> modules (the text fields below each module)

elinde
  • 2005/5/19 19:37

• elinde

• Just popping in

Mithrandir, you're a genius--genius, I tell you [read with Austin Power's voice]!

Login

Who's Online

425 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 425

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits