zANavAShi
Can't migrate XOOPS database to new site
  • 2005/5/19 6:35

• zANavAShi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/6 5

I just spent 3 weeks building a fanstastic XOOPS site for a local community group and I am unable to migrate the XOOPS SQL DB to my clients webhost.

I sent the SQL #1064 error messages to the hosts tech support and am informed that they are still running an older version of MySQL (version 4.0.24) and that because my XOOPS site was built on my local MySQL server version 4.1.8nt then I will not be able to use it on their hosting space.

They tell me they have no future intentions to upgrade their servers to current version 4.1.x of MySQL and also say this:
Quote:
You'll either need to export in 4.0.x format (not sure if this is possible) or strip out any references to COLLATE in the resulting sql dump.

Now I am in a panic because I need to get this site live for my clients in less than two days and I have no clue how to approach this problem at such short notice.

The specific syntax in the DB which is causing the errors is:
'COLLATE=utf8_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY_KEY (

Help please! What can I do???

jdseymour
Re: Can't migrate XOOPS database to new site

If you need to dump a MySQL 4.1 database in such a way as to make it compatible with an older MySQL 3.23 database, do it like this:

mysqldump --compatible=mysql323 -u root -p databasename > database-backup.dump

works this same way for 4.0 databases also. This "--compatiple" command (from what I understand) is only available on version 4.1 databases for backwards compatibility.

HTH.

Also see the Thread in this forum for additional information on the error you mentioned.

Dave_L
  • 2005/5/19 10:07

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Thanks, jdseymour, I wasn't aware of the --compatible option.

jdseymour

I have never used it, but it seems to be very powerful. Not only for compatibility for other MySQL versions, but also like mssql, orical and a whole list of others. Version 4.1 seems to have some great functionality additions.

zANavAShi
  • 2005/5/19 13:40

• zANavAShi

• Just popping in

Excellent stuff seymour, this worked perfectly (and swiftly also) and I got my XOOPS DB successfully on my web host now.

Please note that I did the suggested thing and practised re-installing and migrating it a few times on my local server to make sure I got the gist of the config editing correctly - and all test runs were successful, but.........

Now I have uploaded my XOOPS folder to the root of my www folder on the web host and when I go to the main page I get this error here:
Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

I reuploded it to the web host a few times in case it became corrupted in transit, but still that error.

I went thru all the suggested steps on this page here, but to no avail:

http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=TroubleshootingBlankPage

Any solutions for this next glitch please?

zANavAShi
  • 2005/5/19 14:42

• zANavAShi

• Just popping in

Woohoooo, I found the solution here with HUGE thanks to patchwork....

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=279&com_id=14460&com_rootid=14460&com_mode=thread&#comment14460

What an exciting thing to see my very first XOOPS site online at last. Wow and I cannot believe have fast it runs onsite... just as fast as it does on my local test server. I hope my client loves this as much as I do

Cheers peeps and glad others found this thread useful too

:) :) :)

jdseymour

Very glad it worked for you. MySQL is an amazing piece of software. I learn and enjoy learning something new with it all the time.

Thanks for your question that keeps me thinking.

And congratulations on the new site.

Login

Who's Online

77 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 77

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits