jg123
xoops is so user friendly, can anyone do a comparision with Geeklog
  • 2005/5/16 1:29

• jg123

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/16

I am so amazed so far with how easy XOOPS is to use and how flexible it is. There also seems to be a very strong support community. What is the difference in the software as far as what can and can't be accomplished?

I would like to install some of the plugins and I know with GL you have to know programming for lots of reconfiguring. Will I need that same knowledge with xoops?

thanks
jg123

kgmetcalfe
Re: xoops is so user friendly, can anyone do a comparision with Geeklog
  • 2005/5/16 3:01

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

short answer - no need to know a huge amount of any language... you do need to know the basics of how servers etc work. If i can do it ( no knowledge of any coding languages at all - just a basic understanding of how things work) anyone can do it... trust me i installed and tried to use all the portals and cms at the opensource cms site - i choose XOOPS - not only is it a hell of a lot easier to use than ANY of the others - it has a huge community behind it and many will assist when / if needed...

just my opinion.

fredgsanford
Re: xoops is so user friendly, can anyone do a comparision with Geeklog

xoops is the best cms I have ever used and I am staying with it. You can do so much more with an xoop's site than you can do with php-nuke, geeklog, phpwebsite, and all of the other ones out there.

I have tried them all too and now I have found my home.

If you need any help with installing a module/plugin , or anything else just let me know jg123, and I will walk you through it.

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits