cesser
Change Theme on Login?
  • 2005/3/17 20:10

• cesser

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/21

Is there a way to have the default theme change to a different theme when the user logs in. In other words, the login page would show my default theme, but when the user logs in, they are automatically switched to a different theme.

Thanks in advance.

jensclas
Re: Change Theme on Login?

You will have to use your settings to give them the option to change themes themselves. Please make sure you read the user guides listed on the left menu.

Cheers

cesser
  • 2005/3/17 21:36

• cesser

• Just popping in

So there's no way to just switch the theme automatically from one to another on login for everyone? I don't want the users to have to do this themselves. I want it to happen for everyone who logs in.

Bassman
  • 2005/3/17 21:42

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

No, but if you look in the Modules Repository for XT-Temas module, you can allow them to select their own preference, which will be remembered for each visit.

therock
  • 2005/3/17 21:48

• therock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 2

Maybe it should be a good feature in the ”user account” menu to let the user chose whit’s theme he or she wants to use and next time the user login that theme will be displayed.

cesser
  • 2005/3/17 22:07

• cesser

• Just popping in

Quote:
No, but if you look in the Modules Repository for XT-Temas module, you can allow them to select their own preference, which will be remembered for each visit.

So it seems that there must be some variable that can be set to remember each user's preference? Is there a way that I can set this up, as admin, for each of my users (I have 16 total)?

Bassman
  • 2005/3/17 22:32

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I assume it's possible, but I don't have the knowledge to hack this into the main core. Maybe it would be a good inclusion into the core for the next major release?

JamesSAEP
  • 2005/5/13 20:55

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Where would I download the XT_Temas module? I can't seem to find it in the repository.

THanks.

pdajunkee
  • 2005/5/13 23:23

• pdajunkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/3 2

I'm looking for this as well. I found this in the module repository:

Xt - Themes. - Fix your Theme 1.0
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=43&lid=1332

But it's seems dated. I tried going to the author's website.
http://www.xoops.net.br

I couldn't find anything newer.

Any other suggestions? Is anyone allowing their users to select their own default theme with XOOPS 2.0.10?

I like the idea of adding this option to the core for future releases. Profile > Edit Account > Select Default Theme. Don't forget to give the administrator the ability to turn this option on or off.

OR... If you want to get crazy, allow the administrator to assign groups to each loaded theme so that they can allow what themes their users can use, depending on the groups they belong to. Then apply the following rules.

1. If I belong to a group with no themes, I see the default theme and don't get the option to change my theme in my profile.

2. If I belong to a group with one theme, then this is my default theme and don't get the option to change my theme in my profile.

3. If I belong to a group with multiple themes, then I can pick any of these themes in my profile.

This could be useful in this example: I would like to have my power users have a different theme (along with extra buttons and links) than my regular or anonymous users.

OK... I love this stuff... I just get a bit carried away... I'm a programmers worst nightmare!

Duane
  • 2005/5/14 0:20

• Duane

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/20

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits