Holly1
Another Question....
  • 2005/5/13 18:14

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/4 1

I almost have this all set to how I need or want it..

Some members are teling me that the FIRST page they cant see it ALL and have to scroll to see the right side blocks.

HOW Do I fix it so every one sees the FULL Screen with out scrolling.. I ask because I use firefox... Im thinking they are using IE

My site is at

http://www.stop-n-crop.com/Forums

I am thinking I need to fix the MIDDLE Section only in size width?

areamike
Re: Another Question....
  • 2005/5/13 18:17

• areamike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

Your BIG image in the middle is 700 pixels wide. Add the blocks on both sides and you are over 900 pixels wide.

Decrease the width of your center image

davidl2
  • 2005/5/13 18:38

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Remember to design for smaller resolutions.

hyperpod
  • 2005/5/13 18:38

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

aremike is right. You need to decreas the width of the center image by at least 150-250 pixels.

Im guessing you see the site fullscreen without having to scroll to see the right blocks.

This tells me that you are running at a resolution above 1024x768.

You should run at 1024x768 if you are going to design web sites and want to see what others will see since the majority of users on the internet run at 1024x768 or lower.

Personally, I would make sure the site doesnt go beyond 800 pixels wide, but stretches to any resolution.

Hope that helps a little more.

Cheers,

Holly1
  • 2005/5/13 19:52

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

I thought it was possible to set a FIXED Screen.. So no matter what size you are using, you will see it all fit into your screen?

My screen settings are high yes.. so my images and things are NOT so big... It was driving me crazy having them that big..

So if anyone knows how to get a fixed screen/background? Id appreciate your help.

Thnx

areamike
  • 2005/5/13 20:37

• areamike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

Quote:

Holly1 wrote:
I thought it was possible to set a FIXED Screen.. So no matter what size you are using, you will see it all fit into your screen?

My screen settings are high yes.. so my images and things are NOT so big... It was driving me crazy having them that big..

So if anyone knows how to get a fixed screen/background? Id appreciate your help.

Thnx

Did you read the replies here?? We gave you the answer. There is no other way.

It does not matter if you have a FIXED width on your website or not. If your images are bigger than your width, then it is going to stretch.

The ONLY way for you to fix your site so the width is NOT too wide is to decrease the width of the center image on your main page.
There are no two ways about it.

Holly1
  • 2005/5/13 20:42

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

Gee wiz a little SNIPPY arent you.... YES I read their reply.. Did you read mine? I said I THOUGHT there was a way.

IF you are not going to reply to someones message kindly maybe you should NOT reply at all.. we are NOT all php or HTML *PROfessionals* and we come for help..

Login

Who's Online

313 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 313

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits