JMorris
Sensitive project :: Suggestions?
  • 2005/5/13 0:16

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I'm currently working on a website for a lady whose daughter was tragically killed earlier this year. It's a fund raising site to finance a private investigator so the cause of her daughter's death can be found.

Her daughter's favorite color was lavender, so I've used it extensively in the site. The photo at the top of the page was, originally, a very grainy wallet sized photo. All of the content was written by family members. More features will be added in the near future such as:

+ Photo Album of Tracy, her family, and possibly her two children
+ More stories and poetry submitted by family
+ Possibly a Blog for family members to post in

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestion, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

http://justicefortracythompson.com/

Thanks!

JMorris
Re: Sensitive project :: Suggestions?
  • 2005/5/13 3:05

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

I'm leaving town for a week and I need to finish this site tonight, so ummmm....

Bump!

Thanks Again!

JasonMR
  • 2005/5/13 3:40

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Two suggestions:

1) change shortcut icon (here are two I quickly created)

2) take away the 'groove' border from the blocks, and replace with a flower ribbon (as you have at the bottom of her image); for which I would suggest this method (not the best semantics, but does the job, and is pretty easy to implement {used it for my current theme, which is still in development})

Just my stupid ideas

JMorris
  • 2005/5/13 3:50

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Thanks for the feedback!

I went with the butterfly icon as it was a bit easier to see. I like the flower ribbon idea. That will probably have to wait til I get back in town, but I'm definately liking the idea!

Thanks Again!

Jharis
  • 2005/5/13 3:54

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

I might add some color to the butterfly and flowers under her picture. Just a little to much lavender I think. Perhaps add a few colorful butterflies on the bottons and throughout the theme. Maybe even use butterflies as subdued background images?

don (el paso)

JasonMR
  • 2005/5/13 4:18

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

What just crossed my mind (regarding photo album).

As the number of photos they will want to have published will be limited, and most likely not resemble a big collection, you might want to use a module such as tinycontent, instead of one of the gallery modules.

You could assign a page for different sections/topics (e.g. Tracy, Her Children, Her Family), and post them all nicely on one page.

BTW, GIJOE has made TinyD duplicatable, so you could use one for photos, and one for stories, poetry, etc.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits