Holly1
Blank Page Module
  • 2005/5/12 15:34

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/4 1

What Im looking for... because we all are not PHP *Understanding* SO far I have found XOOPS to be great with its EASY To use and install and set up..

What Im looking for is a BLANK Page module... This would be some what like *The Forum, Shopping, Album* Module with a BLANK page instead.. So we can add what ever we would like to the page. I know theer is a FAQ on how to add your own HTML pages, but would be easier to just have the blank page module.. Maybe with out a SQL so it can be used more then once.

I hope this makes sense.. Just looking for an easier way to get things installed.. Like I said, Im not much to understanding programming/PHP..

Thanks

kaotik
Re: Blank Page Module
  • 2005/5/12 15:54

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Go to the module repository and download smallstore under ecommerce. It does exactly that, it display's blank pages that you can then fill with your own content.

Mithrandir

Edito or WF-Channel will also make it possible for you to just write your content.

The "All about XOOPS" section here is done with WF-Channel

Holly1
  • 2005/5/12 17:17

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/4 1

THANK YOU!! :) I Did use small store and its GREAT!!! THANK YOU!!!

cgibb1014
  • 2005/7/21 1:54

• cgibb1014

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/10

I've been looking for a blank page module that can be easily cloned so that it will have the same look as my other pages but I can use blocks, php or HTML to use it for whatever I wanted. Because it's a module, it will automatically appear in the main menu under whatever name I give it.

I downloaded smallstore and the installation went fine and gave me all the right messages.

But it's not a blank page. It's Kaotic's store. I'm assuming there's some way to configure it to suit my own needs but I can't find it. When I hover over the smallstore icon on the modules page I get nothing to show it can be customized. There are also no new blocks on the blocks page and "smallstore" is not one of the options for pages to add blocks to.

So what am I missing here? Where's the blank page?

pod
  • 2005/7/21 2:01

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Maybe check out XooperMod @
http://www.worldware.com/
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

cgibb1014
  • 2005/7/21 6:27

• cgibb1014

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/10

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

It's great that you can customize your own module file on their site and then download it.

There is a bug as far as editing the sample database block and the sample block. In both cases you can only view the existing template, you cannot change them. But you can also create your own custom blocks to display on the page.

Or you can have a blank page if you like.

bluenova

LOL That was funny. Most people post 'why do I have a blank page?' these guys say 'How do I get a blank page?'

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits