sowenjr
Online company managment system
  • 2005/5/11 16:48

• sowenjr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/8 1

I am starting a company right now with 8 designers working for me. The problem is these designers are at every other corner of the earth. I would like a module that would act as a project management but with more features

Below i will list the items needed.

1: instant message system
2: Files shareing system ( directly send files to other users even if they need to be uploaded to the server that is fine)
3: Confrencing system. For up to 20 people at once.
4: project assignment setup ( where i can assign projects to designers and make the files for that project available to them. also allowing them to post updates and percent compleate.

5: Web page preview system. This would allow the designers to upload the site or design files to the server and preview them in a window on the XOOPS interface. This window would need a chat module place on it so we can dsicuse changes as the designer and i both look at it together.

Please let me know something or is that to extreamly complicated?

JMorris
Re: Online company managment system
  • 2005/5/11 18:54

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

1: instant message system

There's a couple different modules that can do this. There are pluses and minuses to each. I'd recommend checking each out and see which you prefer.

Quote:

2: Files shareing system ( directly send files to other users even if they need to be uploaded to the server that is fine)

Docman would be good for this.

Quote:

3: Confrencing system. For up to 20 people at once.

There is a couple (i believe) available in the module repository. I have no experience with them, so I'd recommend taking a look for yourself.

Quote:

4: project assignment setup ( where i can assign projects to designers and make the files for that project available to them. also allowing them to post updates and percent compleate.

XHelp would be your best bet for this

Quote:

5: Web page preview system. This would allow the designers to upload the site or design files to the server and preview them in a window on the XOOPS interface. This window would need a chat module place on it so we can dsicuse changes as the designer and i both look at it together.

Very limited here, but you could setup a sub-site for this purpose.

Hope this helps.

sowenjr
  • 2005/5/14 16:52

• sowenjr

• Just popping in

Thanks that helps alot. I am looking for a unit that intertwines all of those features so they can used together. and not have to go into seperate modules.

This would allow them to pass files between echother in chat mode. with out publicly posting said file.

This would allow for better security. and client privacy.

I know this would be difficult to make. Was jsut wondering how difficult it would be.

Lance_
  • 2005/5/14 16:57

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

You will not find what you are looking for in XOOPS only.

I personnally use php-collab as a subsite to manage my projects. XOOPS remains the main site but they are not integrated.

Cheers.

sowenjr
  • 2005/5/14 17:00

• sowenjr

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help hwo is that installed through FTP?

jegelstaff

What you need is Groove. www.groove.net There is no better solution for your problem.

--Julian

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits