Ctyler06
I have a question about themes?
  • 2005/5/10 1:19

• Ctyler06

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/6 0

I have looked and looked and I just can't find a theme that I really like and want for my site. There are some great ones listed here at XOOPS and I have done a search on google but they are basically all the same. They are either too dark, too light, too plain or just so busy that my members would end up getting lost.

Now my host included a ton of themes and templates,but I am not sure if they would work with XOOPS or not? I haven't even looked at them yet, I wanted to find out first before I even download them kwim?

Also when I did a google search for XOOPS themes, a lot came up with phpnuke(and one more, just can't think of the name off hand). Are those themes okay to use with Xoops?

I am basically looking for a theme that is crisp, clean, but with some colors like( blue, orange, green, white, gray, etc.)My site is geared towards men,women and children so I don't want something really girlie or too masculent LOL

Thanks for any help!

LazyBadger
Re: I have a question about themes?

Nuke themes (and really any other hand-made design) can be converted for using as XOOPS theme, but direct using is impossible. I think, some of designers here can create theme for you (if you can't select any from existing), but it's personal question of time, possibilities... other details possible...
And I'm sorry but for me(and my non-english mentality) "theme that is crisp, clean" really means almost nothing. We all have different measurements and opinions that is crisp and clean

Bassman
  • 2005/5/10 1:41

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I guess themes are a matter of personal taste. Depends on what you like/need for your site.

If your host has themes/templates, chances are they are NOT for XOOPS unless they specifically say so. The same goes for any other theme/template on the net, including PHP-Nuke ones.

That said, if you do find a site template/theme/layout you like, I can convert it into a XOOPS theme in most cases (assuming you have permission from the owner/author) or can do a custom theme to your requirements. For a fee of course!

LazyBadger

Quote:

(assuming you have permission from the owner/author)

This part is always big headache and law-collission.
Let's assume - some theme licenced under GPL. As I grok - it covers only theme code (i.e - html, php, css), but we'll fall inro troubles of misinterpretation, if theme has any graphics elements and licencing policy of this art not specified separately. In this case - will be creating fork of theme under same licence copyright infrigmnent or not???
I don't kwow graphic's author, I never define my rights on his work, but - I use it without receiving permissions. I'm not granted to use it, or I can share conditions of original theme?

pegasus00321

XOOPs has a lot of great themes.
Sites like http://astonthemes.com/ have very well made XOOPs themes. Maybe a little hard to find?

Oh Bassman, about how much do you charge for a theme from scratch?

Ctyler06
  • 2005/5/11 14:03

• Ctyler06

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/6 0

Thanks for the input I will let you know Bassman, thank you!

THanks for the link pegasus00321, I didn't see that site.

Login

Who's Online

310 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 310

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits