Kainaij
Re: Predator Joined Mambo!
  • 2005/5/10 15:24

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

I chose my original words somewhat carefully. I don't feel that they were rude at all. They were simply my opinion.

I fully understand that NewBB development was for the most part bourne thru a dedicated volunteer effort. This is commendable. My point is that NewBB in its current incarnation doesn't hold a candle to dedicated BB systems (VBulletin, IPB, etc.), this ain't no big secret. I was thinking aloud about how I liked how a competing CMS had a bridge to some forum software that I liked. I hate getting flamed, but if I do for this I will accept it gracefully.

I do value good forum software and how it integrates into Xoops. I am pleased to know that IPB is available, something I wasn't aware of previously.

P.S.
Yay! 100 posts!

Quote:

Kainaij wrote:
I love this community. I like Xoops. I never really was a fan of NewBB2. I understand that it must have took tremendous effort to get it to where it is now, but I don't see it as a fully realized viable forum alternative. I use it out of necessity rather than by choice on my site. This is only my opinion on NewBB. I am impressed with CBB and am please that it's development is progressing, something that cannot be said about NewBB currently (for obvious reasons).

The reason for this post may be a little off topic (and you may split it if you deem appropriate), but I find it a coup that Mambo enlisted a bridge to the very nice SMF (Simple Machines Forum) system. Variety is the spice of life and us only having one choice is maddening.

I can go on about the disadvantages of NewBB, but we all know them. It's not NewBB's fault or its developers; but in a web landscape filled with BB alternatives, NewBB does not stack up against the top alternatives (right now).

My idea? Brainwash a billionaire and have him fund NewBB development. Hehe. Sorry for that.

damaster
  • 2005/5/10 16:12

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:
I chose my original words somewhat carefully. I don't feel that they were rude at all. They were simply my opinion.

Well, i didn't see any rude words! We should also talk about that politics and democracy later… ont the XOOPS Management Proposal.

Maybe unconsciously, people only pay more attention to the number of posts and not to how long someone has been a member.

But i've to agree with all these one man show and those many bossy attitude, XOOPS seems to be losing freedom!...

P.S. 4 more posts and will be there too... 100!
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

JasonMR
  • 2005/5/11 1:12

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

@Damaster: keep in mind that FOSS developement processes are rather governed by Meritocractic decision making processes, than democratic.

damaster
  • 2005/5/11 14:39

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

@Jason

Glad to see you back here my friend That makes me happy.
And as usual, you point out to something great!

Meritocractic :"Ironically, the term was first used in a pejorative sense in Michael Young's 1958 book Rise of the Meritocracy, which was written from the standpoint of a future in which one's social place is determined by IQ plus effort. In the book, this social system ultimately leads to a social revolution in which the masses overthrow the elite, who have become arrogant and disconnected from the feelings of the public."

That happened in Spain, a few months ago, after irak issues!

But do you thing there's any merito when someone try to teach them?

Or i'll need to post here some 5'000 £Y€$!

P.S. C I am 1 0 1 !

damaster
  • 2005/5/21 1:06

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

Community's Merito !

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits