felix220
Re: Login error: you don't have permission
  • 2005/5/6 13:02

• felix220

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/26

Yes, these Lost Password problems are also happening to us.. running XOOPS 2.0.10 using flash_test theme.

The mainfile XOOPS_URL fix definitely worked :) :) but since upgrading to 2.0.10 the lost password issue appeared.. any advice on a fix?

soconfused
  • 2005/5/9 19:37

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
the problems with modules comes from the fact that when you change mainfile.php, you have to 'update' every module in the system admin -> modules page. This will propagate the changes in mainfile.php everywhere.

Herko

Hi
I am also having the double log in problem quite frequently as a newbie can someone clarify the above for me when you say "update" every module do you mean update them by clicking update in the admin control panel or do you mean edit them all manually as with the mainfile.php (I'm really hoping you mean through the control panel )

Doh! Oops I obviously can't read - I just read through again and it quite clearly say's "in the admin cp"

soconfused
  • 2005/5/10 11:25

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

Help!
I did this and it worked ok except for the phpbb message board module - all the topic links etc all still point tohttp://mysite.com instead ofhttp://www.mysite.com - updated the module twice but no luck.

felix220
  • 2005/6/6 1:11

• felix220

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/26

This 'login' problem has arisen again in a slightly different set of circumstances.

Due to a server failure I had to restore a backup of our perfectly working XOOPS site.

The new server had the same software configuration, php compiled the same way.

When I login as admin the opening page acknowledges that I am logged in and displays the link to Admin Menu etc , HOWEVER, when I click on the Admin link the error 'You don't have permission to access this area' appears and then returns me to the previous page where I am no longer logged in... BUT in the 'users online' list it still shows me as logged in.

So I cannot get to the Sys Admin section, nor can any user login and post to the forum etc because of the same issue.

I have manually used php and MySQL debug via changing the value in db via phpmyadmin, I have checked the permissions of all relevant directories but cannot resolve the problem.

I have scoured the forums for a solution but only find a couple of unanswered queries similar to this.

Can anyone point to any posts/threads where this may have been resolved or suggest any other items to check prior to starting over and remaking the whole site?

Many thanks..

PS:
php ver: 4.3.11 [with phpsuexec]
mysql ver: 4.0.24
xoops ver: 2.0.10

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits