tripmon
Mx-directory - input welcome
  • 2005/4/21 19:53

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

Thanks for the interest in mx-directory.

mx-directory is an advanced business directory based on the x-directory module. Here is the Change List from x-directory v 1.5 to mx-directory.

The beta was posted on the dev.xoops.org site yesterday evening, and *so far* it seems fairly stable.

I'm monitoring this thread and would prefer to hold discussion here rather than in multiple scattered posts.

Please use the following links to submit bugs, and support requests, to find additional information on this release.

*** you can submit to the links below by entering your e-mail if you do not have a dev. account. The page MAY display BLANK after your submission, but the data will be entered. Please be aware of this issue with the tracker system.***

Bug Reports should be made to:
BUGS

Discussions on bug entries can be found at:
BUG Forum
Please create a new subject for each unique bug discussion ONLY after submitting the bug to the tracker. (in most cases I will spawn the subject).

Support Entries should be made to:
SUPPORT

Please check the release file before download/install:
RELEASE NOTES

The BETA download is at:
mx-directory BETA1.0

Thanks for any input and I will update new information to this thread in the future.

tripmon
Mx-directory Beta2 - input welcome
  • 2005/4/28 17:39

• tripmon

• Module Developer

Mx-directory Beta2 has been released.
Now with update scripts for xdirectory 1.5.

Thanks to all who provided input, support, and code.

Ch, Ch, Ch, Ch, Changes...

mxdirectory BETA2

* Bug Fixes:
o Removed index.html in root.
o Activated Return To Category Link in AlphaView (Leased from Wtravel and Tzvook)
o Fixed Premium gets reset problem when admin approves 'Modify Listing' request

* New Features:
o Admin can now transfer ownership via 'Modify Listing' approval page.(Just don't ask why)
o Added Groups and Blocks admin (Borrowed from GIJOE)
o Added Upgrade scripts (On loan from Herve')
o ahora en EspaƱol (grito hacia fuera a Zeroram)

Please use the GROUP pulldown to denote the version when submitting support or bug trackers. (see links above)

2newbie
Re: Mx-directory Beta2 - input welcome
  • 2005/5/4 15:27

• 2newbie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/12

Can the "sponsored listings" heading be made an option or removed completely from this module ?

Where might I find the code for each "option" I would like to decide which option gets what feature. Is this possible.

sample: option 1 - only gets name and link to website
option 2 - name description and link
etc....

I see something in one of the threads about a efqDirectory ? Is this going to be available in a beta version soon ?

LASTLY - If I need someone to build a module for me, with specific things along the lines of the MX Directory, Can you suggest to me someone who might do this and what it might possably cost for some modifications ? I don't know to much PHP yet but have some specific things that I might like to incorporate to suit my visitors needs.

tripmon
  • 2005/5/4 15:52

• tripmon

• Module Developer

1) Yes it could, I don't plan on providing that as it was not mentioned in feature requests while I was taking them. I'll look at it for possible inclusion into the next version, but no promises. I had planed on having a "Sponsor this category" link appear where there are no sponsors for the final ver.

2) Look at singlelink.php for the code. Look at matrix.php for an approximation of each listing's options. There is no 'user interface' to configure options.

3) Wtravel has not released a date (so far as I know) for efq beta yet.

4)If you put together some requirements, I'll take a look. Releasing the module will take precedence, so it may be a week or two.

Thanks for your feedback.

2newbie
  • 2005/5/4 16:13

• 2newbie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/12

the one thing that I really need, in addition to the current features, is a way to incorporate a link or button in the post that generates a popup window (size specific)for my business advertisements. The popup windows are specified by pixel height and width. Currently this is a java function. If you look at the source code in the head of this page you will see it. I think I might probably be able to include it in the MX templates, but as I said I am just unsure about what I am doing yet. MX Directory is a great module and I would like to continue the use of it. But my MAIN BUSINESS is advertising for local Businesses and this is how I will make 95% of the income on this site.

advertisement box

another example showing all box sizes
All Box Sizes

tzvook
  • 2005/5/6 20:18

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hi Tripmon

At last I had some time to take a look (10x by the way for your feedback for that site ).
The whole cupons thing is great, I'll look @ it later again.
I'm @ home now, no dev server, and since all my sites has an instance of Xdir in them I had to change sql names in the whole module in order to test it ... though it was worth it

As much as I see it the most required thing (for two of my customers it was very important ... and I gave them a solution, but it don't fit here) .... is a way to manage logos for the sponsered listings, or even for all listings.
the whole module look much more proffetional with a bit color in it ...
Take a look @ the SmartFactory's SmartPartner 1.1 ... I love the way marcan is dealing with attached images - simple and nice.

danMAN
  • 2005/5/7 14:07

• danMAN

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/13

Hi Tripmon,

A great module, I was able to install it ok on a test site and did some mods to the submit.html (as it's a non-Alabama site )

One thing I can't seem to do right is to get the URL appear anywhere in the listing. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Many thanks.

WEBSITE

tripmon
  • 2005/5/7 17:01

• tripmon

• Module Developer

Tx Dan,

It's a bug. Fixing for next release. For now the Bronze will display the link, and the Premium listing section (top of the page) will also, but it won't appear everywhere like it should.

RC1 should be out sometime next week and will contain a remedy.

danMAN
  • 2005/5/8 2:03

• danMAN

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/13

great stuff, thanks Tripmon -- a very handy module, indeed.
Cheers
dan

tzvook
  • 2005/5/8 7:28

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hey Tripmon
Can you take a look @https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35018&forum=7&post_id=155115#forumpost155115
and see what am I doing wrong ?

I try to enable the Kiovi wide-site-hack in MXdirectory, but has some problems with it.

The only way to get the wysiwyg + field data from the database is this:
$TZdescription = new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_MD_DESCRIPTIONC$description$description1060);

$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_codes',  $TZdescription->render());

but of course it should be:
$TZdescription = new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_MD_DESCRIPTIONC'description'$description1060);

$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_codes',  $TZdescription->render());

I called the "formloader" :
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/class/xoopsformloader.php";

All should work to my opinion, but, form is bringing me the "1008" error that the "description field is empty (in both of the codes above)

==================== ===========
and by the way, 2 checkboxed @ admin for using the kiovi/wide-site hack will be very usefull @ MXdir

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits