xpider
Theme Input Request
  • 2005/5/4 22:04

• xpider

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/9 2

Hello Xoopers =)

I am currently developing a new them for public download and would appreciate any input from the XOOPS community.

This is not a ploy to get new users to register but I would request that you do so to really get the full effect of this new theme.

You see there are a handful of if and else's that are configured into the header of this theme. The results are different for all three Admin, User, and Guests.

Also I am working on icons for many modules both that come with the core XOOPS and also the ones from outside the box. If you like what I am doing and are either a module developer or an end user that just would like icons for their favorite modules that go with this theme or would like them included in future themes then please request them in my forum and I will try to do so.

Please remember this site is not currently set up for public use yet. (But it is totally functional) After this theme is finished which hopefully will be very soon. I will do more in adding content to the site including the downloads for this theme.

Thank you in advance for your help and time.
Xpider

Link: Xpidersweb

xpider
Re: Theme Input Request
  • 2005/5/6 0:24

• xpider

• Not too shy to talk

No input? Maybe I'm waisting my time with this theme?

Thanks Anyway

kaotik
  • 2005/5/6 0:34

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

I've taken a look at your site. Your theme, although a good start, doesn't show anything new or inovative. Many designers that I know that work with a computer always start with a pencil and paper. If you start a theme directly on a computer, you're already limiting yourself by your own knowledge of the technology, instead of tring to persue new design goals. If you take a look at the really cool sites out there, they do so by breaking the traditional moldes. Even if you think you don't know how to draw, try using a pencil, paper and ruler, you'll be amazed by some of your initial ideias.

xpider
  • 2005/5/6 0:47

• xpider

• Not too shy to talk

I do much better designing sites from scratch and not using cms programs at all.

However.. this theme is an experiment with different features of XOOPS such as the if and else statements.

I believe if you sign up (you can always delete your account afterwards) That you will see that everything in the header changes depending on what your status is. Such as Administrator / Member / Guest. This I have not seen done by many other XOOPS theme designers yet accept for the welcome used by a few. Also I have not seen a theme designer go through all of the icons of every module and change them to match the theme.

After I have accomplished this it was my plan to start a project that would have people saying this is not a XOOPS site. So I haven't overlooked the basic layout at all I am simply learning whats in the box before I start thinking outside the box.

But I do thank you for checking out my theme and respect your opinion...
Xpider

davidl2
  • 2005/5/6 0:56

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Missed the earlier post Xpider - i'll check it out right away!

hsalazar
  • 2005/5/6 2:06

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

xpider:

Yours is indeed a thoroughly detailed theme. Congratulations. I know how time consuming such a task can be.

That said, my only comment would be that it might be a good idea to scale the fonts according to the width of the screen. I visited the site with a 1024 x 768 resolution and found a common mistake: using a too small type size, which renders lines excessively long to read.

Other than that, the design is clean, though I envision it for adolescent sites. As many other, I yearn for creative guys to start building themes that truly take advantage of Smarty variables and their conditionals to create themes worthy of a more grown-up use.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits