at5147
Blank page after "confirm database setting" during install
  • 2005/5/1 6:09

• at5147

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/1 5

I am trying to set up with Apache2 and mySQL 4.1 and XOOPS 4 on a local XP Pro SP2. I actually found a post here from 2003 but it involved a linux system and it said that there shouldn't be a problem with winblows. However, right after that page, it goes blank.

I have tried everything is the Q&A here and nothing seems to work, its still just blank; no error messages.

I am able to connect to mySQL database without any problems, creating and changing. I have double and triple checked the settings when I enter them and they are correct (pic here). I have created a database too. And everything before that poing is green as can be. I have googled and Q&Aed all day and night (literally) without a solution. I would be grateful for some help! Thanks

rowdie
Re: Blank page after "confirm database setting" during install
  • 2005/5/1 8:11

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I don't know what XOOPS 4 is, but the rest of the specs are what I use for development and testing so that's not the problem.

You need to generate an error message, so we can see what the problem is. To do that follow the steps in the FAQ: Why do I have a blank white page on my site?

Point #2 should help get any error messages.

at5147
  • 2005/5/1 9:10

• at5147

• Just popping in

Sorry, I meant XOOPS2; its late....

Anyway, I have tried the steps in the FAQ: Why do I have a blank white page on my site?

I am having a problem with the step two. I have tried every way to get the query, but I cannot figure out how... It says, Quote:
Be sure to make sure "xoops_config" matches the name of the config table in your installation.
but a, I don't even know where that is after looking through the direcotries and b, I never installed it so what would I compare it to?

I am very new to this. Please understand that I have put a ton of time researching and trying things that I have found. Thank for you help.

jdseymour

You would need to use something like phpmyadmin so you can browse your database. First is to check if the tables were in fact created or not, second is to see if they were populated with data from the install.

Unfortunatly a blank page during the install would probably mean no to one or both of the above. If the tables or data is not there then debug mode cannot be enabled.

My suggestion would be to doublecheck the permissions of the user that you have connect to the database with XOOPS mainfile.php, and make sure that user has full database priviledges.

And from your picture either assign a password to root for MySQL or create another user. Also check your ntfs permissions for the files that need to be writable. Sometimes just unchecking the read only box is not enough.

If the tables are in the database and populated, start debug mode from there. If not we need to look for other causes for the failed install.

HTH.

rowdie
  • 2005/5/1 9:30

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Sorry, I didn't release you hadn't managed to create database tables for Xoops. I've only had a few hours sleep so I'm not exactly thinking clearly at the moment either

Yeah, point #2 is useless if you don't have the XOOPS tables yet. What about #4? Enabling "display_errors On" in php.ini.

It's really hard to work out what the problem is without error messages.

Another option could be to try XSAS server (link is in the development menu left). It comes with everything already setup; php, MySQL and xoops.

at5147
  • 2005/5/2 17:31

• at5147

• Just popping in

Alright I got this worked out. I did a fresh install of WinXP. Sooner or later I am just going to get Linux. But for now and those that may have this prob, I used a WAMP install and everything worked great, better than great, perfect and fawless.

Thanks for the help guys, I really am greatful.

and rowdie, don't even worry about it, I know what that is like.

pembis
  • 2005/5/4 0:08

• pembis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/20

And be sure that you installed the defult theme to the themes directory and chmod the files to 774.

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits