kiang
Re: Whats going on with XOOPS
  • 2005/4/29 1:49

• kiang

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/2 1

I think people should be able to read the messages in private forum and only limited people could post in that forum. Then people maybe interested in the process and could join, or they could sumit their ideas to the correct man and who could get more information before make the decision. And you won't get more and more noises if the man know how to lead the topics.

I truly hope the Japanese team could take part with us again. :)

gediminasbyt

Quote:
Guys/gals from Japan please step up and try to save the XOOPS at where it is.

Sorry Mithrandir, Brash and everyone else in the core/development team for miss-explanation of my thoughts. I'm not able nor willing to give credits to certain people, countries, origins or what ever else. I'm just not involved enough in the process of the XOOPS making.The only thought I had was to bring Japanese team back to Xoops.org And what I meant by "save the Xoops" was to not to fork the XOOPS but bring all the community together and to develop XOOPS further together, and not trying to make separate/concurent products.

Brash, thanks for info, I will definitely contact ManXP.

Gedis

Mithrandir

Quote:

kiang wrote:
I think people should be able to read the messages in private forum and only limited people could post in that forum. Then people maybe interested in the process and could join, or they could sumit their ideas to the correct man and who could get more information before make the decision. And you won't get more and more noises if the man know how to lead the topics.

Except that you get a lot of public-forum posts about what is being discussed in the semi-closed forums.

The closed forums are not there to take away the public right to comment before decisions are made, but simply for the volunteers to have a place to discuss this. The alternative, I think, would be IM discussions and/or mailing lists.
Quote:

Me too.

ayumi
  • 2005/5/1 5:02

• ayumi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/24

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Quote:

Me too.

Me too.
I heard the JP team had their will. It is not for a bug reporter or sub-programmer, but a leading core developer to improve the XOOPS.

hervet
  • 2005/5/1 11:19

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

I'd like to have access to this private forum too.

Thank you

bye,
Hervé

alitan
  • 2005/5/1 21:38

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

As the webmaster ofHttp://www.FarsiXoops.orG , I really like to access these forums to discuss this matter!

damaster
  • 2005/5/1 23:41

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

This thread started by mentioning the lack of project management (roadmap?), transparency (private forums!?) and inter-communities communications issues... will it end up with a lack of roadmap, lack of transparency in some communications and an unexplained rize of secretism?

Please, stop wainting to have control over everything? And let some information come out!

Can only two people represent democraticly all the XOOPS communities?

At last but not least, leave to one only man the responsability of future XOOPS Core developement under XOOPS Fondation control, is it an Open Source approach?

I was reading the logo slogan "powered by you"...
that means me the unknow XOOPS User?
Because this is also what made me join the XOOPS Project!

P.S. Hope is the last thing to die !
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

CeBepuH
Re: What's going on with XOOPS
  • 2005/5/2 16:51

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Just to add a little something. Have in mind that this comes from a common user who tends to ask dumb questions.

Mith, will the news about CBB 1.10 be approved? If the news are the same as what phppp posted in the forum... The news piece can be divided in two:

1. Release of the CBB 1.10, bugfixes and changelog.
2. The NewBB 2.0 team falling apart.

I understand why you are reluctant to release the second part of the news before you have had some insight on what happened or tried to contact Predator.

But the release of CBB 1.10 has been a fact for almost a week. Actually, after a week news tend to become an old fact. Just look how many days took for the release of 1.10 after 1.0 was announced.

So couldn't the second part of phppp's news be (have been) edited out?

In this thread some points were raised about the problem with communication between different language communities, some plans were made and it seems some action was taken in some private forums.

When CBB was first announced here, it sounded more like a Chinese Bulletin Board. With 1.10 it is XOOPS Community Bulletin Board. I would like to congratulate phppp for this and that he decided to share this module with the XOOPS community and not only release it for Chinese users. Because it could very well have stayed inside XOOPS China, no news send here about it, no English language files inside the module.

So if you want to start somewhere improving communication between different language communities I think this could be the point to start doing it.

I know you guys have a lot of work to do in your jobs, personal lifes to live, new modules to try and get off the ground, a new XOOPS version that everybody is looking forward to and I absolutely admire and applaud the stuff you do.

But such little frustrations as a news item not released or seeing your wife kissing another guy on the cheek (just kidding) can lead to big decisions. Actually, people tend to decide 'I have had enough of it. I wont be taking care/be involved/do this anymore'. Small things tend to have quite vast consequnces.

Mithrandir

Quote:
Mith, will the news about CBB 1.10 be approved?

On the evening of phppp's original post, I had a talk with him during which I removed the paragraphs not about CBB and posted it. Phppp told me then during the talk that he would rather that I removed it completely as he would write a new one. I have not seen a new submissal announcing the CBB release and could therefore not approve it.

Thank you for your attention, though.

CeBepuH
  • 2005/5/2 17:27

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Darn! It seems that I have asked a dumb question again. :)

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits