Mithrandir
Re: Whats going on with XOOPS

Forums are created. Brash and/or jdseymour, please contact me for granting access to others.

That the forums are closed right now does not mean that they stay that way, but I agree that they could be useful to reduce the noise and give a good basis for a good talk.

Brash/Jdseymour, please also let me know if there are any access problems or similar.

brash
  • 2005/4/28 11:50

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Looks good Mith, can't seem to create any new topics though ...

Mithrandir

You should be able to. Don't know why you can't. Can we try solving this in PM as it is just a matter of configuration.

tripmon
  • 2005/4/28 12:02

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

@Mith,
Perhaps we should discuss this as an aside from this thread (not that I want to keep it private). What I am suggesting is a paradigm change which could apply to much more than news.

By no means would I ever suggest double-posting or anything which would ever make a task more difficult than it need be. I am a problem solver, not a problem creator .

I must have done a poor job attempting to explain the concept.

I'll try and put some wording together that will remove confusion and convey the idea as it relates to something other than news.

BTW, I offered my assistance in addition to flowery suggestions.

Mithrandir

excellent. Can we try some email correspondence to figure out the paradigm details? Then we can open it for discussion when we are both on the same page.

tripmon
  • 2005/4/28 12:32

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

Fine idea. Will e-m a 50k foot overview today.

gediminasbyt

And here we are again. Everyone went to darkness or private forums. Guys/gals from Japan please step up and try to save the XOOPS at where it is. I've been following these posts since the first post was made my phppp.

I'm new to xoops, just started looking around about a month ago after looking at Mambo, Typo3, Webgui, Drupal several others till finaly came to Xoops. I'm not a developer and do not read code well, but I was impressed by features and usability of Xoops.
I'm willing to help XOOPS in translations or even bulding a local support site in Lithuanian. I have not seen a single module nor support site for this language. Language support is one of the major selling CMS features (my opinion). I'll be looking around on how to do it properly. Guidance from those who make decisions would be appreciated.

Regards, Gedis

Mithrandir

Quote:
Guys/gals from Japan please step up and try to save the XOOPS at where it is

I'm intrigued as to how you feel the Japanese community can save XOOPS. I would love it if the Japanese community would be more involved and now a couple of representatives only have to come forward and they can join other local support sites in a place to discuss matters for the benefit of XOOPS together with representatives from other local support sites, without interference.

I am not against public discussions, but when it comes to getting things done, having too big a crowd will only lead to too many suggestions and too little action. Of course the general public must be involved in discussions, but at some point, I think it is beneficial to be a smaller group (We have 22 local support sites. Let's say we have 2 representatives from each site plus some xoops.org representatives. That's about 50 people. Enough to be representative, while small enough to get things done)

Right now a rather small group have access to a couple of forums that are closed to the public. I expect that number to grow and maybe the closed forums disappear - if that is what the group ends up recommending in order to improve communication. However, we will need some alternatives as the current way of doing it is clearly not working.

What are your ideas to solve this?

Quote:

I'm willing to help XOOPS in translations or even bulding a local support site in Lithuanian
And you shall be so very welcome. I encourage you to contact ManXP who has also talked about an official Lithuanian support site. Maybe you can make it real together.

Gambero[removed]

Sorry, I don't understand Englsh very much. Can you tell me where are these new forums ? Is this only for local support admins ?

@Mith

Thanks for changing the picture.

brash
  • 2005/4/28 23:47

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

gediminasbyt wrote:
And here we are again. Everyone went to darkness or private forums. Guys/gals from Japan please step up and try to save the XOOPS at where it is.

gediminasbyt this is not the end of it, it is just the phase where we move from discussion to actually putting a plan of action together. The reason I asked Mith for a Private forum is that too often have I seen threads started with great intentions and even better ideas, but they never get much past the discussion phase. XOOPS is in no shortage of people offering their opionion on how they think things should be done, the shortage exists in people actually willing to take action and actually put in the time. The other major reason is that I want myself and the few others that have actually said we want to help to be able to put our plan of action together without every move being commented on and scrutinized from the sidelines. Public discussion is great, but it does tend to stall the action process.

We will be putting together a plan that we will put to the community for comment before taking action on. We just need the space to be able to put this plan together with minimal interuption.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits