Dave_L
Re: Double Standards
  • 2005/4/28 0:39

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Maybe a standard language constant could be provided in each language pack: _MI_XOOPS_AUTHOR_TRANSLATION

It could be displayed conditionally, in case it's not present:

if (defined('_MI_XOOPS_AUTHOR_TRANSLATION')) {
 echo 
_MI_XOOPS_AUTHOR_TRANSLATION;
}

xpider
  • 2005/4/28 0:49

• xpider

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/9 2

I fear that new commers to XOOPS will read threads like this that can be found all over XOOPS and decide to just leave. I also believe I've seen a request for marketing xoops... do you think this shows a community that stands together and works together? I came to XOOPS becuase it was free of charge and that's it... So have many others. I really don't care what the GPL says or doesn't say. When reading the copyright within XOOPS it is my belief that the original creator designed it for this purpose and did every thing he could to keep it that way.

And in my opinion I don't believe anyone should be able to argue with that fact.

And I believe he should be honored around here no matter what anyone might think of him. XOOPS History is a great idea...

Just my opinion...

Mikhail
  • 2005/4/28 0:49

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
Maybe a standard language constant could be provided in each language pack: _MI_XOOPS_AUTHOR_TRANSLATION

It could be displayed conditionally, in case it's not present:

if (defined('_MI_XOOPS_AUTHOR_TRANSLATION')) {
 echo 
_MI_XOOPS_AUTHOR_TRANSLATION;
}

ELSE....

$modversion['author_translation'] = "Not yet";

or

$modversion['author_translation'] = "Local Support";

or any other 'placebo' solution, I don't know... just a brainstorm... []'s! mikhail

Mikhail
  • 2005/4/28 1:08

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Quote:

xpider wrote:
I fear that new commers to XOOPS will read threads like this that can be found all over XOOPS and decide to just leave.

my gnu/gpl credits are part of the payment for the colaborative work. so this question is VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME.

Quote:

I also believe I've seen a request for marketing xoops... do you think this shows a community that stands together and works together?

yes, I understand. I have serious problems with a commerial community called XOOPS Brasil, owned by a WebHosting CompaNny (Giba is a proprietary),.... Im tired, and I hate to talk and think about it (and Herko too, hehe), but I think necessary sometimes...

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits