ABenL
Is XOOPS right for me?
  • 2005/4/21 0:40

• ABenL

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/21

Sorry, but I'm trying to figure out the right tool for my project. I've got XOOPS installed and I've played with it a bit, but I would love some help from a more experienced user.

Basically, I need to build an extranet with authentication. Basically, we have a number of projects with different internal and external users. We need a space for each project with access limited. Each space would have a set of files associated with it that users could download/upload/modify.

Will XOOPS work for me? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

skeff
Re: Is XOOPS right for me?
  • 2005/4/21 0:45

• skeff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/20

I am all for XOOPS, and I will bet you can customize it to the hilt to do what you need for this. There may even be some project management mods that people have created for it.

Having said all that, you may consider using a project portal like gforge or something like it. Go to the sourceforge website and check it out.

Good luck!

Lance_
  • 2005/4/21 0:53

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

If all you need is a project management app, I would suggest you find a more dedicated option.

I'm playing with phpcollab myself right now, seems pretty nice. Couple of code changes needs to be fixed but still quite good.

jszuch
  • 2005/4/26 18:22

• jszuch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/26

Have you tried integrating XOOPS with phpCollab? It looks like they used to support a XOOPS integration, but dropped it in the last release. The lead developer has pointed out that it isn't part of their charter to integrate with CMS. But that leaves those of us who need both a CMS and a projet management tool high and dry.

james

Lance_
  • 2005/4/26 18:38

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I personnaly stay away from non-supported software. I know someone will come out of the blue with the perfect module to fill in the gaps with xoops, so why bother trying to integrate other non-supported work.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits