brigarkee
Login Block has disappeared & other login question
  • 2005/4/21 21:15

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/10

I had edited the login block and all of a sudden it was gone. I apologize if this has already been answered, I searched for almost an hour before I posted this.

Another thing I am trying to figure out, hopefully I ask this clearly enough, I am trying to make the main page of my site accessible to anyone without the login being the first thing people come to. I am not sure how to do this.
I would like for everyone to be able to view certain pages, I just want for people to log in if they are going to try and post to the forum, or download or something I specifically want for there to be a login for.

I would appreciate any help you can give me- I'm really new to all this stuff :-/

Thanks!

tripmon
Re: Login Block has disappeared & other login question
  • 2005/4/21 21:20

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

1. go to yoursite.com/user.php

it should force a login box.

2. SystemAdmin>Groups>Anonymous

set the group permissions as you desire (modules and blocks).
THEN
SystemAdmin>Blocks to enable disable blocks.

Make sure you are editing the correct GROUP in the block admin (up top select GROUP anon.)

GL and you may want to read through some of the FAQ articles, carnuke has done a great job explaining most of this.

brigarkee
  • 2005/4/21 22:53

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

Thanks tripmom for the quick response, but now I am encountering another problem. I had to run some errands, came home and went to login to my site and it is giving me a "This page cannot be found".

When I try to log in, another thing I am noticing is this is what the link looks like. I don't think it should be like this should it?

http://www.iknowtoys.com/xps/<?php%20echo%20$this->_tpl_vars['xoops_url'];%20?>/user.php.

Anyhow, to sum it up, I am unable to get anywhere past the main page now, I'm going to do some surfing around in here to see if I can find my answer, if anyone who stops by knows what the problem could be, I would greatly appreciate it.

I guess I should mention, I upgraded today through my hosts auto scripts from v. 2.0.7 to 2.0.9, and I had to go in to the sys admin / preference / general to update the template I am using. I don't know if this could have caused any problems, as I am not really sure what I am doing yet.

Than you much in advance

tripmon
  • 2005/4/21 23:08

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

GULP***
Answer to your ?
NOPE, url should not look like that.

try:

http://www.iknowtoys.com/xps/admin.php

change the theme if it allows you access...

Post back.

brigarkee
  • 2005/4/22 1:03

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

Thanks tripmon, no luck.
I go to that link and get "you do not have access to this area", then it redirects me to the main page but won't let me log in, just gives me a page not found when I click on the login link. Before, I had the log-in section on my main page, that is not there anymore.

It's very odd, I am not even able to find a login.php in my directory anywhere, I wonder if somehow by changing that through the blocks in the last version, if I just completely lost it somehow. I didn't have problems logging on after I made that change in the blocks area, but I couldn't find it again in the sys admin/blocks after I made a change, and it wasn't until I did the upgrade that I am not able now to login. (hope I didn't confuse

I may have to reinstall, but I think I want to try and find out 1st if it is something else just to know it isn't a bug.

You are great for lending a hand here!

Maybe you can tell me, is there a way I can gain access back into the admin area manually through any of the files/codes if I have lost access?

Thank you

ackbarr

you can't find a file "login.php" because there isn't one

The correct url for your site should be:
http://www.iknowtoys.com/xps/user.php

After you login, you can then go to:
http://www.iknowtoys.com/xps/admin.php

brigarkee
  • 2005/4/22 4:20

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

Thank you ackbarr. For some reason I was getting the blocks intertwined with the phps! Shows how much I know... Can you tell me why my main page is all of a sudden doing what it is doing with the link that it is following when you click on login?

btw- I did get in fine.. thank you again.

ackbarr

yeah - looks like a problem in the theme itself. If you look at your theme.html file you'll find this section:

<td id="top1">
        <a class="login" href="<?php echo $this->_tpl_vars['xoops_url']; ?>
/user.php"><u>Login</u></a> existing members | Guests <a class="login" href="<?php echo $this->_tpl_vars['xoops_url']; ?>
/register.php"><u>Register</u></a> here        </td>

you can't use php code directly in a smarty template, so replace this section with this:

<td id="top1">
        <
class="login" href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php"><u>Login</u></aexisting members Guests <class="login" href="<{$xoops_url}>/register.php"><u>Register</u></ahere        </td>

brigarkee
  • 2005/4/22 14:43

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

Did the trick- THANK YOU!

You all are amazing... wish I was as knowledgeable in this stuff.

Maybe someday

brigarkee
  • 2005/4/22 14:50

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

ackbarr, would you mind posting a link to where I could learn more about customizing my XOOPS website. I know you have information in faq sections, but I keep running into the wrong ones. I am trying to do things like make XOOPS my main page, instead of having to have the current extension I have /xps, I know this deals with positioning of the directory, where my files are, but are most of the main page XOOPS just redirects?

Also, I would like to know how to set up my main page of my site, so that I can make my pages viewable by all people, not just registered,until they enter the forum area and want to post. Currently it makes them login to see anything.- last time I tried changing things in the blocks area, I started losing things... so I would like to understand these things better.

If you wouldn't mind just posting a link in the area I need for finding this stuff I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much for your time, and for your guys' excellent work on this script!!

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits