ivan8r
Debaser Module - Player just stopped working
  • 2005/4/19 17:20

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/1

I've been using Debaser now successfully for about a month, and it's been a very popular module. A few days ago, one of my users noticed that the player window stopped working, so I tried to reproduce the problem. When I try to play a track, my player window pops up, but there is no player control... just a blank window. A small white area is displayed where the player controls would normally appear.

The only change I made recently was that I deleted the Real Player Audio player. I have successfully been able to play music on the Windows Media player since then, so I'm not sure why this would happen.

I've tried updating the module to see if that would help, but I wouldn't be writing this post if it worked. Any ideas on how to make this work again?

martyboy
Re: Debaser Module - Player just stopped working
  • 2005/4/19 17:56

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi, I have also been using debaser now for a while but I've never encountered this problem.

The only thing I can think of(bearing in mind i'm not too technical)is that when you deleted real player you didnt change any file types that might have been associated with it i.e when you add a new filetype, wma, mp3, etc you select a default player associated with the filetype, so now these files are still trying to play in real player which doesnt exist.

The only other thing is that the code for the player has been corrupt somehow but I'm not too sure how you would go about fixing that.

Sorry I cant be of anymore help, hope you get it fixed soon.

ivan8r
  • 2005/4/19 18:43

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

I was thinking about removing all the module files and reinstalling it from scratch. I'm wondering if doing this will destroy the database entries. I have about 1000 songs already in their specific categories, and reorganizing them is not something I'd like to do over.

I guess I'll find out soon...

Thanks for the suggestions!

ivan8r
  • 2005/4/22 0:11

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

Just wanted to let people know that completely uninstalling and reinstalling the module fixed the problem.

Before you do this, be sure to backup the debaser tables in your database. Doing this will help you avoid having to reclassify all of the media files.

Ivan

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 118

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits