victorgfu
How to restrict my moderators accessing administration of modules...
  • 2005/4/18 14:13

• victorgfu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/18

I have installed XOOPS 2.0.10 RC2 and have created additional goup of Moderators, who would submit and approve different information, i.e. in news, links, downloads modules. I have set permission to access the modules and administer them. So, in this way the people in this group of Moderators could add, delete and approve articles, links and files. BWT, there arises a problem, because with such permissions these people could simply delete all the information that is under the modules in mySQL DB, or reconfigure the modules, but I don't want that.

Since I was using PHP-Nuke for 4 years at christ4you.org (still it remains there but I do purpose to migrate to XOOPS until the end of the month), the PHP-Nuke has such permission system, i.e. the users of Moderators group could add submitted articles, links and downloads to the DB, but can't reconfigure the modules and delete the information that was inserted by other Moderators in the same group. For example, I am an Administrator and do have full access to the DB and the XOOPS in any way, and do have three people who are my Moderators and I do want just to allow them to approve submitted news, links and downloads and nothing more. But how to do that? As to the phpBB forum, I do restrict total access to administering the module and just point their nicnames in the configuration of the phpBB and it works.

bluenova
Re: How to restrict my moderators accessing administration of modules...

Those sort of permissions are done on a per module basis. For instance in News 1.3, you can set group permissions for Approve, submit and view. Other Modules may give differnt options.

tjnemez
Re: How to restrict my moderators accessing administration of modules...
  • 2005/4/19 15:15

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

create a custom group for moderators only. you can do this from system admin -> groups.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits