Anonymous
NewBB 2.0 editors (How to use)
  • 2004/12/12 11:08

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello!

I installed NewBB 2.0 final and it works great. All the bugs from the RC3 version are gone so thank you all.

I read about ImageMagick, Koivi and Spaw editor and so on so I downloaded all thiese editors.

But ImageMagick has 26,7 MB ... where should I install it to be able for newBB ... why do we use other editors (Spaw, Koivi...) ... I don't understand why should these programs be installed and where should I install them. I have a server with only 100MB place ...

Tnx.

jdseymour
Re: NewBB 2.0 editors (How to use)

The other editors are options. It depends on what you want. These editors have extra features, and are WYSWYG so you can see just how the final message will look as you type.

As far as installing, I have looked at Koivi, and decided to stick with the basic editor for now. Until a easier method for integration is developed.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/12 12:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

I understand that these are special things ... and that you don't need this to get NewBB to work ...

Is ImageMagick a program for resizing pictures ? But it is 26,7 MB ... I don't have a room for it on the server ... is this the only way to resize picturs ?

And what should other editors do ?

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/12 12:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

I read about ImageMagick, Koivi and Spaw editor and so on so I downloaded all thiese editors.

But ImageMagick has 26,7 MB ... where should I install it to be able for newBB ... why do we use other editors (Spaw, Koivi...) ... I don't understand why should these programs be installed and where should I install them. I have a server with only 100MB place ...

ImageMagick is not a editor, it is a Graficlibrary, like GD1 or GD2, so it must be installed on serversite.

Editors are only Spaw, koivi, htmlarea, FCKeditor, which can be downloaded on the newbb 2.0 Projectpage.

You don´t have to install all Editors one is enough:

if you use koivi or hmtlarea just copy the folder i.e. /htmlarea in the xoops/class/ folder that`s it, now enable this editor in the newbb 2.0 preferences.

Regards

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/12 12:06

• Anonymous

• Since:

Predator Resized Image

So, I will put one Editor on the server ... amm what about ImageMagick ... how can I install it ?

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/12 12:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yes download one editor ( htmlarea or koivi both work crossbrowser ) from the Newbb 2.0 Projectpage upload them into the xoops/class/ folder so it looks like this:

yourxoopsroot/class/htmlarea

ImageMagick has to be installed to the Server so this must do your provider if you don´t have an own server, but most server support GD2 Library and this is also ok for using.

To check with Library is install see the admin index page from the Newbb 2.0, this shows you which GD Library is installed.

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/12 13:47

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

my question is:
how can i put one of the wysiwyg editors as a default editor for all users instead of DHTML.
many thanks

xpgeeos
  • 2004/12/28 19:43

• xpgeeos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
my question is:
how can i put one of the wysiwyg editors as a default editor for all users instead of DHTML.
many thanks

The short answer is you can't. Or at least that's what I have been told. It's something I am looking into and as soon as I have a simple answer I'll make sure people know about it. The problem is that everyone with an answer assumes the rest of us know enough to figure it out. Not always the case, is it?

Housefly
  • 2005/4/15 9:45

• Housefly

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

I have installed FCK editor but it shows no difference from DHTML. All the features are the same... I don't know why I can't see WYSIWYG?

jdseymour

Once the editor is installed and configured correctly, go to the newbb forum admin page. In the upper lefthand corner click on "Module Settings" fourth line down "Form Options""Form options that users can choose when posting/editing/replying." make sure that the FCK editor is selected for use there.

HTH.

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits