Wacker
Icons, gifs, logo's and png's do not display
  • 2005/3/21 0:52

• Wacker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/21

Nube alert!!!

I searched all of the forums and did not find any previous subjects.

Ok, I just installed XOOPS and everything seems to be working OK but the pages do not display the icons, gifs etc.

When I enter the address of the graphics into the browser address bar the graphic displays and when I return to the page the graphic is there but if I refresh the page the graphic is gone again.

Any help would be greatly Appreciated.

dickinsd
Re: Icons, gifs, logo's and pnd's do not display
  • 2005/3/21 1:21

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Have you tried using a different browser?

I was having a problem (in fact I still do) in that IE6.0 on XP SP2 machines does not always display the .png images.

But Firefox wrks perfect, AND some othe people with IE6 and XP SP2 could also see the site with no problems.

I don't know why it effects some browsers, but as it is only a few I am guessing it is the security level of that users browser or something like that.

Anyway back to the point, do the images etc work if you use a different browser?

If you want to post your URL I have Firefox, Mozilla and Opera as well as rubbish old IE6. if you me to have a look.

Dave

Wacker
Re: Icons, gifs, logo's and png's do not display
  • 2005/3/21 1:43

• Wacker

• Just popping in

Thanks Dave, I used Firefox to check it out and the display is worse because no graphics display at all except the banner after I install the flash plugin.

dickinsd
  • 2005/3/21 1:57

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Oh.

Do your images and image folder have the right permissions?

I know you said you can browse to the images directly so I would guess this is not the problem.

However for reference my images and icons folder are 744 and my actual images are 644 - or at least most of the images are 644

Dave

Wacker
  • 2005/3/21 2:39

• Wacker

• Just popping in

Yes, the permissions on my folders are 755 and 644 on my images. I changed the theme from the default and cleared my history and Internet files but the sam problem still exists.

As an example, the path for the main logo that does not appear is

http://www.mysite.com/themes/phpkaox/images/logo.gif

but the logo is really there and the path is valid.

I'm going to start over from scratch, it must be something stupid that I am doing.

Thanks for the help, I will post what I find.

soconfused
  • 2005/4/9 23:48

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

Had similar problem - check "hotlinking protection" on server, if it's enabled it can sometimes prevent some browsers from viewing images, if your server has a cpanel you can check to see if it's enabled there.

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits