WallStArb
Image uploading bug
  • 2005/3/26 19:07

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Has anyone seen the following issue

1) create an image category via image manager in Administration area. Set it so all user group can use and upload to the class and set it to "Store in the database (as binary "blob" data)"

2) insert an image no problem using the "Add Image File" in the Image Manager within the Administration area. The image shows up fine in the listings looks great.

3) Try to upload an image as a user would through one of the modules that has a hook into image manager, such as news. It seems like it works but when the list of images shows up all you see is a red "X" where the picture should be. Where it can't find the file.

For instance

http://www.sluse.com/image.php?id=3 ---> this pic was uploaded via administraton menu "image manager" within System Admin area.

http://www.sluse.com/image.php?id=2 ---> same picture tried to upload via news module when submitting a story.

This is obviously pretty important that our users can uplaod pictures if they are supposed to. Can anyone help with an idea. I know that I can't be the one and only person that has experienced this.

stac
Re: Image uploading bug
  • 2005/4/7 0:57

• stac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/30

no idea ???
I have the same problem
can you help me ?

thanks

brash
  • 2005/4/7 1:39

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Can you try testing with other modules that support uploading? What version of News and XOOPS are you using?

stac
  • 2005/4/7 14:34

• stac

• Just popping in

i use the Image Manager.

1) I create an image category via image manager in Administration area. Set it so all user group can use and upload to the class and set it to "Store in the database(as binary "blob" data)"

2) insert an image using the "Add Image File" in the Image Manager within the Administration area.
It seems like it works but when the list of images shows up all you see is a red "X" where the picture should be. Where it can't find the file.

Mithrandir

XOOPS version?

stac
  • 2005/4/7 18:43

• stac

• Just popping in

my XOOPS version is 2.0.9.2

stac
  • 2005/4/8 13:18

• stac

• Just popping in

it is strange no ????

Scorcher24
  • 2005/9/27 4:00

• Scorcher24

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/30

Well same problem. I have created my Categories and when I try to upload a picture via the forums, it says "Could not retrieve Image via Database. No Image uploaded (Similar, running German version). I have tried it with both possibilities of sotring, no affect, the problem stays. My Version XOOPS 2.0.12a. PLease fix that, so my users won't need to use ImageShack!
rya.
Scorcher24

edit:
Arrgh, I have found it:
The size is not in kilobytes, it is in bytes!! I have written 1024 there to allow 1 Megabyte big images. When I write 1048576 everything works fine like it should. Perhaps you should change the Text globally. ;)
Problem solved!

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits