mesmeric
AMS - Some of my dumb questions:)
  • 2005/4/7 12:27

• mesmeric

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/23

If anyone has experiance using AMS I would be grateful if you could perhaps help answer any of my questions I am stuck with below:)

1. Is there any way of removing the unwanted fields from the news submit form. e.g. (Audience, position, disable html/smilies etc)?

2. If i put in a teaser length into a block it takes the html tags from the article, which makes the whole of the front page go bold/italic etc, anyway round this?

Thanks Guys,

still learning..

mes

brash
Re: AMS - Some of my dumb questions:)
  • 2005/4/7 23:48

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi mesmeric,

1) You can, but only by hacking the code.

2) The character limit set for your AMS spotlight block counts all characters, not just the ones visable on your screen. So each character in your HTML code is counted toward your chracter limit, and also some symbols (;!, etc) take more than one character to render.

What will be happening in your case is that you character limit will be being reached before the end of your HTML, and thus cutting some HTMl code out making it invalid. Try setting your character limit in your spotlight block to 0 as that will tell AMS to use the entire introduction of your article as the spotlight text, rather than just a character limit.

DonXoop

Quote:
brash wrote:
Try setting your character limit in your spotlight block to 0 as that will tell AMS to use the entire introduction of your article as the spotlight text, rather than just a character limit.

That is the best reason for having distinct introduction and details sections.

brash
  • 2005/4/8 0:27

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

There is when using Koivi. The only reason there isn't for the default XOOPS editor is because it causes IE to crash when submitting. It's something to do with multiple DHTML areas as the News module does it to.

DonXoop

Quote:

brash wrote:
There is when using Koivi. The only reason there isn't for the default XOOPS editor is because it causes IE to crash when submitting. It's something to do with multiple DHTML areas as the News module does it to.

I didn't know that. I haven't used AMS so didn't know it was a single section submission (with default editor). I've been used to two sections ('cause I submit as webmaster) under non IE browsers. I didn't even know that IE crashed on that. I learn somehing new every day (and another reason to stay away from IE).

mesmeric
  • 2005/4/8 9:16

• mesmeric

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/23

Which file do i need to edit to remove the extra fields from the news submit form. e.g. (Audience, position, disable html/smilies etc)?

Cant find the code newhere:)

mes

Login

Who's Online

486 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 486

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits