SpitfireBF2
News module

I`m looking for a news module that can create a block on the front page similar to this: http://www.hlfallout.com
I`ve tried some modules - none can create that - they create only link with titles only... (AMS module included)
Please direct me to a module like that. I really need it.

Thanks alot,
Spitfire

SpitfireBF2
Re: News module

bump

brash
  • 2005/4/4 1:38

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

If you're talking about having all the News items displayed on the front page, both AMS and the News module should do this by setting them as the module for your homepage in your XOOPS admin area.

LazyBadger

Try to think, and not complaint...
Any (any!!!) news-module can have such "Latest News" block - it's a matter of template and preparing data behind the scene. But - if you can't programming any hints will be useless, and you can ask to help, not require it (see difference). You can't even describe requirements to wanted block ("... see at.." means poor logic skills), why I think anybosy want to spent own attention, time, work on wandering in the labyrinths of your desires?!

SpitfireBF2

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Try to think, and not complaint...
Any (any!!!) news-module can have such "Latest News" block - it's a matter of template and preparing data behind the scene. But - if you can't programming any hints will be useless, and you can ask to help, not require it (see difference). You can't even describe requirements to wanted block ("... see at.." means poor logic skills), why I think anybosy want to spent own attention, time, work on wandering in the labyrinths of your desires?!

Why ? Because you are better than me ?

"you can't even describe requirements to wanted block ("... see at.." means poor logic skills)" - I would like to see how well can you handle your third language. I`m really curious.

Anyway - thanks for your reply. You shouldn`t be so "harsh" (hope this is the proper word for it) because my first message was very polite (in my opinion), the second was a post written in anger but i edit it like 2 minutes later... ?!? So try to judge other people less please.

I really tried to solve this problem myself - and tried building a custom block and inserting the news page in there.

Brash - thank you for answearing and not judging characters.

All the best to all XOOPS users,
Spitfire

(btw - the second post was about how bad this community really is, it is awfull, i can get 10 answears on sitepoint regarding xoop before i get a single reply here).
this was my last post here hopefully

skymathic
  • 2005/4/6 5:34

• skymathic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/17

I'm looking for some help to display my news (spotlight) in my frontpage. What kind of module or hack should i see?

Please advise not bad words....

brash
  • 2005/4/6 6:01

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi SpitfireBF2

I agree that LazyBadger was out of line with his reply, but please try not to insult the XOOPS community in general. I responded to your questions within 4 hours of your original post. If you think that is an unacceptable response time from a free, community driven support forum, then I'd suggest to you that you're being unreasonable. At my work we have to pay a 5 figured amount annually to our vendor for that level of support.

Now to the problem. It sounds like you want to use a spotlight block rather than have your given news module as the home page. Both AMS 2.41 and News 1.3 have very good spotlight capabilities, so I suggest you give them a test drive. If you wan to see AMS in action have a look at http://www.it-hq.org

LazyBadger

Quote:

skymathic wrote:
I'm looking for some help to display my news (spotlight) in my frontpage.

It depends from one easy thing - what you want to get. According to this your decision you can try
- Classic "Recent News" block from News (sorry, haven't examples of this choice)
- Tabbed (modern) style of News 1.3, which can also can be configured to fill into your site desing (in some areas), see at main page here, for example
- You can use SuperSpotlight or Spotlight module as frontend for latest news on front page - example here.

Login

Who's Online

491 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 491

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits