MIABot
importing users from mambo
  • 2005/4/2 7:07

• MIABot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/2 7

I am wondering if it is possible to import users from mambo since i have 100+ users. i am migrating over to XOOPS and would not like to make all my members re-regisiter.

jdseymour
Re: importing users from mambo

What I would do is do a SQL dump of the User tables from both CMS and compair tables. Make a plan to convert your existing tables for Mambo to the structure of the XOOPS User Table.

I do not know of an actual script to do this, someone else may, so it will need to be manually done.

HTH.

LazyBadger

Quote:

MIABot wrote:
I am wondering if it is possible to import users from mambo
At least I'll move my single and last (forever last, I hope) site from mambo to XOOPS with users and content, and I'll have something for this task... Don't ask "when" - I can can't recall (and find) where is XOOPS users table and have to refresh my head

jdseymour

Well if you do LazyBadger it will be a great tool for Mambo users migrating to Xoops. Good Luck to you on it.

davidl2
  • 2005/4/2 14:09

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

User migration tools is certainly a must-have .. .specially if we try to make XOOPS more popular to users of other systems :)

karedokx
  • 2005/4/2 15:33

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

hopefully, someone can really develop this mambo to XOOPS conversion script (at least just for the user migration part).

this will be beneficial for XOOPS and mambo too..

jdseymour

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Quote:

MIABot wrote:
I am wondering if it is possible to import users from mambo
At least I'll move my single and last (forever last, I hope) site from mambo to XOOPS with users and content, and I'll have something for this task... Don't ask "when" - I can can't recall (and find) where is XOOPS users table and have to refresh my head

The XOOPS user table is:

_users

MIABot
  • 2005/4/7 16:50

• MIABot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/2 7

ok, thanks i was hopeing something was made already. i know PHP so i will try my hand at converting it since i really need to. I love XOOPS compared to mambo. only suggestion: allow news to be displaed on the homepage without the whole news module.

Login

Who's Online

370 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 370

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits