tripmon
mx-Directory
  • 2005/4/1 1:02

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

I will be developing a much desired follow on to builderb's Xdirectory module in the coming weeks. After I signed on for the project I became aware that more work had been done than I was aware of. As a result of being provided some quality code that contained more of the features than I was aware of, I thought it best to open discussion for additional features.

While I can not entertain any merchant connectivity at this time, all other feature requests will be reviewed. I will give this thread until next friday for input and then create the dB schema changes and the process will be locked with the exception of asthetics (views and blocks).

If you have any interest in either usage or development, throw you 2 cents in now .

The additional feature list already includes:
No-Globals (of course)
Admin defined premium service levels & supporting matrix
Coupons for premium subscribers
Coupon UID options
Unique customer views of useage data
Premium Views / Blocks
Coupon Views / Blocks
Baseline Directory Structure (optional) in sql creation file
Full index and Alpha list(on each page) searches (A|B|C|)
Multiple Category Listings

Wap integration (via HawHaw)
Directory Listings
Coupons
Investigating mobile map linkages...

Oh yeah, and Update Scripts

kenmcd
Re: mx-Directory
  • 2005/4/2 1:58

• kenmcd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Would it be possible to get the existing code to test?
I checked the project page in the dev site - no files.
Please post existing files.
I assume you would get more feedback and/or contributions that way.

Glad to hear you have signed-on to further develop a much needed and popular module.

Thanks.

kumzzy
  • 2005/4/2 5:05

• kumzzy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 4

there is a community creating efq directory...why not join them?

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=33245&forum=30&post_id=146632#forumpost146632

tripmon
  • 2005/4/2 7:40

• tripmon

• Module Developer

Hey Ken,

The project started yesterday...I'm not that quick ;-P. You can check the updates on the dev site, but until I get to beta level and the feature requests timeframe (Next Fri) is complete, I won't be releasing anything.

I'm looking for feature requests as opposed to contributions or feedback at this point. Yours are welcome! Can you assist with dev in any way or were you looking more to bug/beta test?

Let me know.

-----kumzzy

I have spoken with wtravel and volunteered code & assistance, but this is more of a short term project looking to release gold this month. He is creating an entirely new module which may take a bit longer as he is including many more features and writing many more lines of code.

tzvook
  • 2005/4/6 13:32

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

tripmon wrote:
The project started yesterday...I'm not that quick ;-P. You can check the updates on the dev site, but until I get to beta level and the feature requests timeframe (Next Fri) is complete, I won't be releasing anything.

I'm looking for feature requests as opposed to contributions or feedback at this point.

Hi tripmon

Feature request:
1. logo upload box, with the "listing request" or with the "listing approoval" form (kind of hard to understand if it was implemented for the cupons or also for general listing - from dev.xoops.

2. Text field in top of (sub?) category, for the ability to personalize some directories with a description or alike ...

Great to see that you took bilberb's good start into a fresh future .... can't wait for the upcomming beta

tripmon
  • 2005/4/8 20:22

• tripmon

• Module Developer

Hey,

TZ- good idea, so:

Will implement img uploaders for Listing record and Coupon record in admin ONLY.

I have made lots of little changes and tweaks over the original dev. proposal. Including a full admin & logos facelift, variable directory naming (with 1 manual code change required) and some additional coupon features (company logo and a coupon graphic to enable posting of pre-existing (scanned) coupons).

While I could have made things easier by coding to the new globals in 2.10, I decided to do things the hard way and allow backward core compatibility. So this mod will be usable under 2.X. (and will still work fine in 2.10).

This feature request thread will close at 6pm (GMT-6) and the dev for the remainder of the project will be locked.

If nothing else significant appears, I may be able have an RC late next week.. I don't think I'll even bother with beta as the core was stable and all additions are clean and have been class based.

tzvook
  • 2005/4/22 7:36

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hi tripmon
10x for PM
Where do you want me 2 post the bug/issues and all?
here? PM? dev.xoops?

tripmon
  • 2005/4/22 7:55

• tripmon

• Module Developer

Hey Tzvook,

HERE please...

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits