dkgemini
newbie afraid of updating...!
  • 2005/3/31 11:37

• dkgemini

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/28

Quote:
Upgrade from 2.0.9.2, 2.0.9.3 or a previous 2.0.10 beta by uploading all files in the 2.0.9.2-2.0.10 beta 3 patch and update the system module.

Now this scares me.. If I upload all these files, surely it will overwrite everything I have in my xoops-folder?? Or should I manually upload one after the other?

Also..

Quote:
This release contains files for the core-included versions of News and Newbb (1.1 and 1, respectively). If you use Newbb 2 and/or News 1.2 or later, you should not upload the files in modules/news and modules/newbb as they will mess up these modules.

How do I find out if I am using Newbb1 or 2??

Can anyone help?

jdseymour
Re: newbie afraid of updating...!

Just copy the included folders to the server. Only the files included in the update will be overwritten.

As far as telling what version of news or forum you have, there are two methods. You can look in the Modules Admin Page and the version will be listed under the Version column by the module. Or open xoops_version.php and the version would be listed in that file as well.

HTH.

Mithrandir

dkgemini - if you have not uploaded a newer version of News and/or Newbb than what is in the full XOOPS package, you are running News 1.1 and Newbb 1 for which the patch contains new files.

Quote:
If I upload all these files, surely it will overwrite everything I have in my xoops-folder

The patch only contains files that are changed. Files that are changed are SUPPOSED to overwrite the existing files. That's the whole point of making the patch.

dkgemini
  • 2005/3/31 12:25

• dkgemini

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/28

So I should just copy the entire HTML-folder in the Beta3 release (the one including class, include, kernel and modules folders plus a variety of files) to my main XOOPS folder?

But won't that delete all my exsiting modules and just replace them with the standard XOOPS modules again?

Mithrandir

When you copy a file into a directory on your local hard drive, does it delete all other files? Nope, it doesn't. No files will be deleted.

There are about 100 files in the patch and those 100 files will be overwritten, if they exist.

If you have installed e.g. a gallery module, no files in that module will be overwritten as it has no files in the patch.

If you do not have modules such as contact, xoopspoll and xoopsheadline uploaded to the server, just don't upload those files from the patch.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits