juberx
With regards to the Weblinks module..
  • 2005/3/29 5:07

• juberx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

With regards to the Weblinks module.. I wish to alter some terms used in the module (for example: "Submit New Link", "Recommend New Site" etc... ), but the templates that I found contains only variables ($Lang_blah etc)... Where can I find the variables for editing? I'm sorry, but I'm new to PHP. Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance.

m0nty
Re: With regards to the Weblinks module..
  • 2005/3/29 5:11

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

in the language folder for the module.. ie.. modules/news/language/english/

juberx
  • 2005/3/29 5:46

• juberx

• Just popping in

Quote:
m0nty wrote:
in the language folder for the module.. ie.. modules/news/language/english/

Thanks again mOnty, this problem has been solved.

--
I have another question with regards to the weblinks module. Is it possible to grant access for anonymous and registered users to "submit new link", but no access for the management of the categories & links?

What I did currently was to grant module access rights for both registered and anonymous users. But this also means that registered users can access and manage the categories and links, which I do not wish to.

Is there any way to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

m0nty
  • 2005/3/29 5:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

are we talking about mylinks or the new 3rd party web links module?

both have user permissions..

only give admin access rights to admin.. module access rights shouldn't give registered users permission to edit categories or links..

mylinks doesn't have ability to stop registered users submitting unless i've overlooked it, but it does allow you to disable anonymous users from submitting if u select no in mylinks general settings..

web links should also have that option, but i don't know for sure if you can set full group permissions etc as i haven't yet used that module..

juberx
  • 2005/3/29 6:01

• juberx

• Just popping in

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
are we talking about mylinks or the new 3rd party web links module?

both have user permissions..

only give admin access rights to admin.. module access rights shouldn't give registered users permission to edit categories or links..

mylinks doesn't have ability to stop registered users submitting unless i've overlooked it, but it does allow you to disable anonymous users from submitting if u select no in mylinks general settings..

web links should also have that option, but i don't know for sure if you can set full group permissions etc as i haven't yet used that module..

I'm refering to the 3rd party weblinks module.:)

Sorry for the trouble. I had just realised that the option was found under the module configuration 2, under setting access authority. The thing that I missed out was that the selection can be multiple, but holding on the ctrl-key...

I hope this helps for anyone who's as blur as me...

Login

Who's Online

430 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 430

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits