bobdole
AMS and Icontent Help
  • 2005/3/29 3:58

• bobdole

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

I run XOOPS on a Windows 2000 PC running Apache etc. I am using it to handle an intranet site for our technical support center. Because of this, I have alot of documentation to manage. Currently I am using icontent to handle all the documents, but I have a problem:

- The editor used by icontent does not allow for picture uploads. How can I change the default editor to another one or configure it to allow to upload/attach pictures similar to the editor used by the XOOPS news module?

I have also tried to use AMS for my site, but I can't seem to get the submit to work. When I click on the submit link all I get is a blank white screen. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can check to see why this happens?

brash
Re: AMS and Icontent Help
  • 2005/3/29 4:05

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

The editor used by icontent does not allow for picture uploads. How can I change the default editor to another one or configure it to allow to upload/attach pictures similar to the editor used by the XOOPS news module?

I have not used icontent, but I would've thought it would have used the default XOOPS editor which gives you access to the XOOPS image manager if it is setup. Have you setup image manager at all? I might see if I can have a look at icontent so I can visualise what you are talking about.

Quote:

I have also tried to use AMS for my site, but I can't seem to get the submit to work. When I click on the submit link all I get is a blank white screen. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can check to see why this happens?

What version of AMS are you using? I would highly recommend using version 2.41 which was released last week. Also double check that you have set all the permissions in AMS correctly. You can try turning on PHP debug which should hopefully give you some messages regarding the blank screen.

bobdole
  • 2005/3/29 4:18

• bobdole

• Just popping in

Wow,

That was fast. Icontent uses its own image manager or the one built into the editor it uses. It is a more advanced editor than the XOOPS default one. It does not have an upload feature though.

I have used both AMS 2.2 and the new one recently released. Both bring up an empty white page when I click submit. I have a test server that I am testing AMS on and I believe the permissions to submit, view, edit, etc are wide open, but I will double check this.

The problem I am running into with my site is that I am trying to combine several areas in my company into one. On the technical support side of things most users are technically savy enough to learn how to upload images to a shared directory and then use tags to include the pic in the document. However, I also have some none technical areas that would find this challenging. Also, I want to simplfy backups and maintenance. So having all imagesin one area is crucial.

The biggest problem I have is converting Word documents into html. My project would be alot simpler if I could find a module that support word document uploads and full text searches.

***EDIT****
Yes, the image manager with the default XOOPS is configure and works just fine.
***EDIT****

brash
  • 2005/3/29 4:50

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

From memory I think icontent uses the SPAW editor, not 100% sure though. Again from memory I think it does use its own image manager.

It sounds like you need more of a document management system as it sounds like the majority of your documents already exist. At present the only module I've used that supports word document importation at all is WF-Section V2, and I don't think the WF-Project guys have been 100% sucessful with their efforts. I haven't looked into it any great deal, but if WF-Section is anything to go by, implementing a word document importation feature is somewhat fiddly to get working properly so is not something I would be current;y looking at implementing into AMS.

bobdole
  • 2005/3/30 4:18

• bobdole

• Just popping in

Thanks for the info. I have not yet looked at WF-Sections, so I will take a look. Also, I have not been able to check my permission settings in AMS yet due to a problem with the test server.

Login

Who's Online

413 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 413

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits