mickbriz
Control of module positioning
  • 2005/3/27 5:37

• mickbriz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/26

I have the forum as my startpage. Problem is I have "recent topics" above the forum when I want them below the forum how do I change this?

Cheers

Jharis
Re: Control of module positioning
  • 2005/3/27 6:53

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

mickbriz,

The order a module appears on a page is determined by setting the weight of the module in blocks administration. In the weight colum number the forum 1 and recent topics 2. You will find the blocks admin in the control panel under system admin block.

Don't forget to hit the submit button at the bottom of the Blocks Administration page after making changes.

Make sense?

don (el paso)

mickbriz
  • 2005/3/27 16:45

• mickbriz

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Jharis wrote:
mickbriz,

The order a module appears on a page is determined by setting the weight of the module in blocks administration. In the weight colum number the forum 1 and recent topics 2. You will find the blocks admin in the control panel under system admin block.

Don't forget to hit the submit button at the bottom of the Blocks Administration page after making changes.

Make sense?

don (el paso)

Yes it does make sense, but there is no forum in the forum blocks to select and my friendfinder module seems to have dissapeared too.

If I make my forum the start page under admin-preference I cant select 1 or 2 for it here either..

Mithrandir

mickbriz
  • 2005/3/27 17:10

• mickbriz

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

One way round this is to try and put your module content in a block that will allow more flexible positioning

Ok the forum is a module, so how would I make this into a block?

Cheers

Jharis
  • 2005/3/28 7:54

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

mickbriz,

I was pointing out how to change the order that blocks appear on a page. You do that in Control Panel Home using the system admin block/ blocks admin. I misunderstood what you were asking. I am going to take another stab at an answer but later. I want reason out my response before I stick my other foot in my mouth

don (el paso)

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits