new_bie
getting rids of modules link ?
  • 2005/3/27 23:17

• new_bie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

hi!

I wonder how can I change the usual links which XOOPS uses like in this page from:

https://xoops.org/modules/xoopspartners/

into:

https://xoops.org/myown-whateverhere/xoopspartners/

Thanks!
Liz

tentons
Re: getting rids of modules link ?
  • 2005/3/28 0:09

• tentons

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

I was going to ask something almost the same, except I'd like to totally get rid of the XOOPS structure references completely:

site.com/mylink/myotherlink/etc/

Is there any concept of url aliases in Xoops?

Thanks!

PS. I love Xoops. I was working with Xaraya, but it's a huge beast that takes too much time to work with. XOOPS is fantastic. :)

new_bie
  • 2005/3/28 0:34

• new_bie

• Just popping in

I love Xoops,I was using Mambo before but I got tired because of the difficulty to use it.

I hope we can find a solution to get rid of modules tag title.
It has to be some hack tool..

Thanks!
Liz

tripmon
  • 2005/3/28 1:16

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

I don't know much more than this, but it has been done:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18584&forum=15&post_id=78978

At least that may be a start for you.

I think this would be an EXCELLENT core addition... how about a textbox in the ADMIN area which would allow you to enter whatever name you desired for the modules dir.

davidthomas1

I had this same question earlier.

You can choose whatever name you like for your module but you need to edit the module files to do so.

Normally, there is a reference in the xoops_version.php file that specifies the module URL/folder.

Ideally, it would be a matter of simply changing that variable's value but in reality, the module path is hard-coded in other parts of the module.

I used a text editor

TextPipe

To do a mass search/replace of the module name / folder text in all the module files prior to upload / install. You can download a free trial.

However, you should, I think leave some of the text intact (for example readme.txt) to respect the original authors name for the module.

Also, bear in mind, if you change the table names, module name text etc... it may interfere with future updates for that module.

perhaps there is another way, that would be tidier.

In any case, search/replace worked for me, I renamed tinycontent to content and it works perfectly

new_bie
  • 2005/3/28 13:44

• new_bie

• Just popping in

thanks for your reply! I will be very happy if I could change the modules to /content/news instead of modules/news,it sounds more interesting.

Can you tell me in which file do I have to change?

Thanks!
Liz

Ps.-by the way you can use this editor which it´s free:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/mpsphp.html

davidthomas1

Hi there,

I changed the module name (e.g tinycontent>content) not the full module path.

It would be more difficult to change the 'module' part of the URL as that's built into the XOOPS architecture.

I'm not sure how to do it.

If you created a new folder (content) and uploaded your files there, it would not register in Admin>System>Modules to allow installation.

You would have to create another index.php file in the default news folder to redirect the user to the new module folder, provided you could install it!

You would still need to do a search and replace on the module files to change the file URL prior to installation.

it would definately be easier to just keep the default URL

sorry I can't help more,

good luck! make sure you do a database + file backup first!

davidl2
  • 2005/3/28 14:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

this is just an idea - but is it possible to add a php re-write command so the /modules/ directory will be read as /newname/ ?

tjnemez
  • 2005/3/28 14:15

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

i am using simplified url hack on my dcdezines site,but some modules do not work with the hack. i like davidl2's suggestion.

davidl2
  • 2005/3/28 14:33

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I don't know how well this may work... but.... perhaps this in the modules directory?

<?php
header("Location:http://www.websiteurl/newmodulesname/"); /* Redirect browser */

exit;
?>

Don't know if it would work though

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits