bluenova
Which content management module for dummys?

I've been using XOOPS for quite a while and have a few sites using it, and I love it!

What I've been asked to do is setup a site for a church. The people who need to be able to update the pages know nothing of publishing websites at all. At the moment they are using frontpage, and the website looks very frontpage, which is the main reason for the change. Frontpage is very easy for them to use cause it works much like any wordprocessor etc. So what I need to know is what content management module whould you suggest, as there are so many, I really don't want to install them all to see how they will work for the users. The main problem is with adding images, and simply making text bold or italic. I think the image manager is too complicated for these users, and the use of bbcodes such as
[b][i]
would also be to confusing. They need to be able to click insert image and have it appear in the page there editing (not a url code) or just click 'bold' start typing then unclick 'bold', or be able to highlight text then click 'bold' (or italic or whatever) does such a module exist?

Regards

Bluenova

rowdie
Re: Which content management module for dummys?
  • 2005/3/25 17:22

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

It's not so much modules as WYSIWYG editors you need to look at. Find an editor you like and see if you can integrate it in the module, or if the module already supports it is even better

I've only really tried the koivi editor, which suits me. There are others, take a look at the WYSIWYG editors project.

bluenova
Re: Which content management module for dummys?

Thanks that helped a lot, there are some cm modules with a built in WYSIWYG editor, so it's narrowed my choice a lot.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits