beagle
Intro Text in News Module
  • 2005/3/25 3:36

• beagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

I was wondering how I can get the intro text to show in the article list in the News Module.

Currently it only list the article titles. I was hoping that I could show the intro text of the article, then if the user clicks the article title, it shows the entire article.

I think I can do it with a smarty tag in the template of the block, but I don't know what the tag should be...

Thanks,
Beagle

brash
Re: Intro Text in News Module
  • 2005/3/25 3:52

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Are you talking about the actually index or topic view in the News module? I thought it already showed the intro text there ? Or are you talking about one of the News blocks?

beagle
  • 2005/3/25 4:08

• beagle

• Just popping in

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking...I'm still a beginner to Xoops...

I have the Top News block activated, but it only shows the article title. No intro text.

Here's what the template for the block looks like:

<ul>
<{foreach item=news from=$block.stories}>
<li><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/news/article.php?storyid=<{$news.id}>"><{$news.title}></a> (<{$news.hits}>)</li>
<{/foreach}>
</ul>

I figure I can insert another Smarty Tag to display the intro text (something like <{$news.introtext}>), but I don't know the correct syntax for the tag.

Or is there a better method of doing this?

Thanks.

brash
  • 2005/3/25 4:21

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Ah, it's a block thing. That makes more sense . Which version of News are you using? I haven't looked at the new 1.3 version a great deal yet, but I would suspect that if you go into the blocks admin area and select the "edit" action against the block you'll be able to set the length of the teaser text. If not, you can have a look at the AMS module which will allow you to do that. I'm pretty sure the News module can do it though.

beagle
  • 2005/3/25 4:23

• beagle

• Just popping in

I'll try that. Thanks for the help.

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits