nixon
user to group transfer
  • 2005/3/21 2:12

• nixon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/7 2

Hi,
I have just come across an issue I am hoping someone can help with. I have just bulk uploaded a bunch of users to my site and I have found that once I did this I lost the ability to add users to another group. In other words when I go to admin>system>groups and then press on modify for a group I no longer get the full display at the bottom with users to select from. I just get this:
Resized Image

I tried deleting 80% of the users I had added and the system returned to normal. My questions would be then

1. Is this an issue with the amount of user ie. once you reach a certain amount you no longer have the ability to add users to groups?

2. Is this more likely somehing to do with one of the users having some kind of corruption?

Any help appreciated

brash
Re: user to group transfer
  • 2005/3/21 4:00

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

200 is the magic number in Xoops. I've been using XOOPS for over two years myself and never knew of this issue until just recently. Once you have over 200 users the interface changes to reduce load on the server. However, the interface you then have to work with is pretty clunky, to a point where I've actually used MySQL qeuries directly on the database to get a job done rather than use the XOOPS interface.

nixon
Re: user to group transfer
  • 2005/3/21 6:36

• nixon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/7 2

Thanks a lot for the reply brash. I had a feeling this was the problem. I was using e-xoops up until recently but changed to XOOPS for this site I am working on. I had not seen the issue before either. I agree it does make it a bit clunky but I suppose I can use the same strategies you have to get around the issue. Thanks again for the help.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits