chnwalkman
Re: News RC2 & spotlight problem
  • 2005/3/16 2:35

• chnwalkman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/25

I'm a real newbie for php and my english is poor.

I have 3 systems for the test, One of them has the php 4.3.7, and other all have the php 4.3.9.
I have met this problem on the system with php 4.3.7 (I'd tried to upgrade 1.2-1.3, and uninstall the 1.2 version, then enter a fresh install), and other all OK.
Quote:
When entering the website the spotlighted newsitem is viewable within the spotlight block. But, and this is where the problem lays,.... as soon you've clicked one of the other news topic-items tabs olf the enabled spotlight block, you cannot get to see the spotlighted news item back again. Although you see the tab 'spotlight', and click on it nothing will happen. Somehow the spotlighted news item block view gets blocked. Switching back doesn't work.
p.s. "other news topic-items tabs" click on it nothing will happen too.

So I put forward such suggestion to Shine.

Regards,

skenow
  • 2005/3/17 2:27

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I have the same navigation problem in one of my production sites - it's a hosted environment, so I don't have much control over it. Redhat Linux, Apache 1.3.27, PHP 4.3.0.

I've done file/folder comparisons using WinMerge on the hosted site and another of my sites, and I find no differences (other than host specific). No amount of updating, upgrading the module and regenerating templates has changed anything - the spotlight shows when you first load the page, but selecting another tab breaks the spotlight and any further tab navigation.

A search of news_top.php for PHP functions and comparing those to the changelog for PHP results in the following functions that had fixes in 4.3.9: array_slice, array_merge, isset, and sprintf.

Love the module, and for now, I'll use the classic view until I can get the host to upgrade PHP.

Steve

[edit]

On one of my test servers (Windows 2K, Apache 2.0.44. PHP 4.3.1), the navigation is working fine... I load PHP as a module instead of CGI. I guess I'm still unsure why it doesn't work.

hervet
  • 2005/3/17 19:19

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

If I can, I will try to install (and to find) a so older version of Php to test the module but in all the cases, I will not be relaxed to be hosted on such servers.

Bye,
Hervé

skenow
  • 2005/3/18 6:02

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I've just tried with versions 4.3.0, 4.3.1, 4.3.7, and 4.3.8, using both the CGI configuration and the SAPI configuration on Apache 2.0.44 (win32) - it worked in all cases. I can't get it to break on my lab servers, but I can't get it to work on my hosted server.
argh!

hervet
  • 2005/3/21 12:35

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

I have made some research, actually, the News module requires a 4.2 version of Php while XOOPS requires a version 4.1 of Php. I will soon release some changes to the News module to be compatible with Php 4.1

Bye,
Hervé

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits