ddevore
  • 2005/3/14 18:50

• ddevore

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 1

I am a new member to the XOOPS community and would like to introduce myself.

I am a software architect and developer usually working on very large custom applications written in Java. I have recently been tasked with creating an internal site for the company I currently work for and didn't have the time to do it all from scratch. So I started checking out CMS systems. I looked at a few of the systems I found to be considered good. I quickly narrowed the field down to XOOPS and Mambo and found XOOPS to be more what I was looking for.

I joined the community about a week ago and have found this community to be more helpful than any other I have found, I especially like the quality help I have found from the forum.

I am planning on writing some modules for my sites as well as eventually helping with the overall XOOPS in what ever way I can. Through the forum, fixes and possibly core functionality if the opportunity arises.

I would like to thank everyone in the community for their contributions to this project up to now I think that you all have done a good job and have provided a lot to the community.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the community.

ejuden01
Re: New Member
  • 2005/3/14 19:34

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

Welcome to XOOPS! I see you are from Illinois; I'm from Missouri...we are practically neighbors!

ddevore
  • 2005/3/17 2:47

• ddevore

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 1

Yes we are. I usually go to St. Louis when I want a city.

jdseymour

Yes, welcome to Xoops.

I also tried Mambo before deciding that XOOPS was for me and my website. Glad I made that decision. And this is also one of the most helpful communities that I have ever been a part of also.

Good luck with your site. Keep us updated on your progress.

notHerb
  • 2005/3/19 7:04

• notHerb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/19

Well, hello to the three of you! I'm a newbie, too - but have been around long enough to try and find an existing topic to post in before starting a new one :)

I agree with you, ejude, XOOPS stands tall over the other cms's I've tried (Geeklog, Drupal). Glad to have found you guys, very nice work!

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits