wishdragon
module install issues
  • 2005/3/15 5:04

• wishdragon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/13

Why is it I download some moduleson this site and put them in my module folder and they can be installed, and some cant? tells me cant be found.

wishdragon
Re: module install issues
  • 2005/3/15 5:44

• wishdragon

• Just popping in

argh how freaking frustrating. i watched that tutorial a guy made on this site and i have been doing all the steps exactly right. and all modules i have used have come right off this site. bt some go right in and are ready for install, some uplaod and then the module admin says cant be friggin found. maybe the XOOPS files from my host is corrupted or something and i should just install XOOPS off this site too :( though both are the same versions.

brian100
  • 2005/3/15 6:14

• brian100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 2

I've noticed that some themes (in particular) and modules are packaged differently than others--this could be causing the problem.

For instance, you might download a module in folder "coolmodule" then open that folder and find a folder called "modules" then inside that folder find another "coolmodule" folder. The only module to upload would be the last one. On other occasions the top/main folder called "coolmodule" would need to be uploaded.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well--but open the folders that contain the non-working modules and see if something doesn't jump out at you.

wishdragon
  • 2005/3/15 17:31

• wishdragon

• Just popping in

ok, ya that seemed to be it. thx :)

Login

Who's Online

98 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 98

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits