tehericz0rz
News 1.3 permissions
  • 2005/3/14 3:13

• tehericz0rz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/14

When I try to edit the permissions in one of the categories on the permissions page, the other two permissions because blank. Any clue to why this is happening? Thanks.

Eric

qolspony
Re: News 1.3 permissions
  • 2005/3/14 3:48

• qolspony

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/12

I had the same problem.

Everything was working fine after installing this "upgrade". Now the whole news section is out. BLANK PAGE!!!

I'm very disappointed!

It looks like if I don't do nothing, everything will be fine, but once I add something, for instance, like a module or an upgrade, the entire page becomes BLANK!

I have already put countless hours on the news section, and this CRAP happens!!!!

I should have known better not to have saved those files before I made the initial "upgrade."

If I would have done that, I could have maintain all the work I did.

I even manage to get a new theme to work. SHUCKS!

(THIS WAS AFTER I DOWNLOADED A PREVIOUS MODULE THAT RESULTED IN A BLANK PAGE! AS A RESULT, I HAD TO START COMPLETELY OVER: Delete and create new server name and delete and reinstall the program. As always, the first time it didn't work, but I'm a patient guy! I kept working at it until I got the system back up. I know this program would have cost me thousand of dollars if I was to buy a license, but the MAN hours that went into it is pretty frustrating, don't you think?)

The manual that came with this upgrade claims that it was going to maintain all these settings, but the reverse happens.

I was so ignorant not to save those files.

I even made a donation earlier because I was amazed by this new program.

Can someone tell me why these "upgrades" are resulting in blank pages?

Can you recommend a quick fix. i have spent my whole weekend trying to get this program to work to no avail.

iHackCode
Re: News 1.3 permissions

i Dont Know.

Worked Fine For Me. Went From The News Module In 2.0.9.2 To New 1.3..

1. "Update" The Module.
2. Ran The Update "Script" (yoursite.com/module/news/admin/upgrade.php).. Then Pushed The Button. 3.?Which "Updated" The Module Again. Updating The Info In The Database Wouldnt Hurt So I Pushed The Button..

Thats How I Did It. Not sure its the exact way others did it, but it worked for me.

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits