drlego
This is a weird one.....
  • 2005/3/10 18:39

• drlego

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/10

Tried to install xoops-2.0.9.2...
got through the whole install with no errors....but...
it failed to write the database tables. Gave me no other information of what went wrong. It connected to the database no problem.....so I am stuck.

Server is fedora core 2
Control Panel Plesk 7.1.4
PHP Version 4.3.10
mysql 3.23

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you!

m0nty
Re: This is a weird one.....
  • 2005/3/10 18:47

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

what MySQL version?

u say 3.23 but 3.23 what? we need the full version ie. MySQL 3.23.29 or 3.23.59 etc.. that might help a little if it's what i think could be the reason..

Mithrandir

Doublecheck whether the MySQL user has create table and insert privileges on the database

drlego
  • 2005/3/10 19:42

• drlego

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/10

my sql 3.23.58

Also when you create a database and user in the plesk control panel, I would think it would have full write privs.

Thanks

m0nty
  • 2005/3/10 20:59

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

not always.. unless you're using the root admin acct.. sometimes when u create a user account for MySQL it only gives certain permissions.. it might be worth just checking :)

if that fails.. then i'm not sure but there were reports with earlier versions of XOOPS pre 2.0.6 of problems with certain 3.23.x versions but i don't know exactly what thosae problems were.. just that some users reported problems.. maybe this could be related to .58 too.

is it at all possible that you could update MySQL at all? (if it's a hosted server maybe a brief email or call to the provider and enquire abt an upgrade on grounds of improved security etc) just a suggestion.. but i can't think of any other reason other than whats mentioned above especially if it's actually connecting to the db but not creating tables..

if it's not possible to upgrade or the user acct does have the proper permissions it might be worth someone taking a look for you.. (which may require giving us a temporary access to your db and server, that's if you are willing to give that trust) let us know either way.. we will try to help the best we can with the information you could provide..

Login

Who's Online

423 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 423

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits