1
bwirum
tag background-color working in IE, not in Firefox
  • 2005/3/8 11:02

  • bwirum

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 49

  • Since: 2004/1/16


Hi,

I have used StudioC's example of a CSS theme and edited to my liking.

Thanks to StudioC for the excellent runthrough and theme! Two thumbs up!

But I have a problem; I try to get the 'sublinks' show with a grey bg color. I'm doing it like this:

#menulinks {
    
font: 12px/15px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    
margin: 0px 5px 20px 0px;
    
padding: 0px;
    
width: auto;
    
background-color : transparent;
    
float: left;
}

#menulinks ul, #menulinks li {
    
display: inline;
    list-
style: none;
    
margin: 0px;
    
padding: 0px;
}

#menulinks li a, #menulinks li a:hover, #menulinks li a:active {
    
display: block;
    
text-decoration: none;
    
color: #0867b3;
    
background-color: transparent;
    
margin: 0px 0px 1px 0px;
    
padding: 2px 5px 2px 2px;
    
border-right: 6px solid #0867b3;
    
text-align: right;
    
width : 120px;
    
font-weight: normal;
}

#menulinks li a:hover, #menulinks li a:active {
    
border-right: 6px solid #808080;
    
color: #808080;
    
text-decoration: underline;
}

#menusublinks {
    
font-size: 0.8em;
    
background-color: #EEEEEE;
}
And it shows up fine with the grey background in IE, but not in Firefox?

Any help appreciated.

You can see the site here. There's sublinks in the 'Nyheter' section (News), so you see it right away if you try to use ie/firefox.

2
incama
Re: tag background-color working in IE, not in Firefox
  • 2005/3/8 12:44

  • incama

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 513

  • Since: 2003/10/24


Even in IE 6sp1 I can't see the grey background,. try to add:
#menusublinks a{
    
font-size: 0.8em;
    
background-color: #EEEEEE;
}

Your sub is a link so it has to be treated that way,.

3
bwirum
Re: tag background-color working in IE, not in Firefox
  • 2005/3/9 8:06

  • bwirum

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 49

  • Since: 2004/1/16


Well, I check it in IE6 sp2, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Anyhow, the a{ didn't do the trick either. No background for me. Actually, when I put the a{ reference in there it disappeared in IE too.

So I'm stumped. Basically.